August 18, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Sidney, BC, Canada - Corporate Smalltalk Consulting, Ltd. has announced Fax Viewer 1.7.5 for iOS, a feature update to their document viewer app that allows the user to either view the TIF files generated by standard office fax machines, or convert them to PDF documents for other apps to use.
As faxes are increasingly emailed to save on paper costs, Fax Viewer works by supplementing the existing document display logic found in iOS, which will only display the first page of a fax but not allow access to subsequent pages. The app includes newly enhanced page manipulation features to allow the sizing and rotation of pages as fax pages sometimes arrive in various orientations, tap areas for paging, and adjustments to swipe to scroll. Bookmarking support is provided on a page basis to allow navigation within the document, but also external bookmarking allows for opening an existing fax to a page by tapping a custom URL received in the Mail.app or copy/pasted into Notes.app.
Fax Viewer enables viewing of multi-page faxes by first importing the entire file into its storage area. Once imported, the file undergoes one-time pre-rendering that ensures the fax is optionally re-scaled to be optically correct and to provide the fastest possible rendering when viewing as a multi-page document. The user can copy documents into Fax Viewer by using iTunes to copy files into, delete, or copy them out of the app, a different manual process is required to move files from Mail.app into Fax Viewer.
Now support variable size pages, scaling by width or height, and continuous pixel level scrolling to allow you to treat a fax like a roll of paper.
* Conversion of Fax/Tiff files to PDF
* Printing to IOS supported printers
* Accelerated multi-page TIFF/TIF fax file reading
* Uses proprietary Can Opener technology to import, store, and pre-render documents
* Pre-rendering allows smooth scrolling and display
* Optional rescaling for fixing Fax aspect ratios
* Enhanced cached Dropbox file download compatibility
* Responsive scrolling and zooming through dozens of Fax pages
* Rotation of pages by document, page, or even/odd pages
* Internal and external bookmarking
* In-app purchase extensions for supporting Dropbox, accelerated PDF viewing, enabling support for multiple image formats, and support for very large page sizes
"Fax machines are a legacy technology, straddling the 20th and 21st centuries," stated company President John McIntosh. "Until they become extinct, Fax Viewer offers an easy, integrated solution for easily viewing multi-page on any iOS device."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 10.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Fax Viewer 1.7.5 is $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available upon request.
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting, Ltd in British Columbia, Canada, is a company known for its Smalltalk expertise, but is now also becoming expert in the field of building large, complex, iOS-based applications. Copyright (C) 2009-2011. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.