October 6, 2008 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of Dragoman 1.4, a universal batch file conversion utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. Dragoman is a utility application that batch converts images, photos, PDFs, music and archive files with a lightweight drag and drop interface.
With Dragoman, users can among others convert their raw digital camera photos to JPEG, convert their MP3 song collection to the iTunes native MP4 format, and convert their Microsoft Word documents to HTML. On popular demand from users in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. the new version ships with a German localization.
The localization is part of the company's strategy to make all its applications more international. "We receive lots of requests asking for localized versions, so by translating our applications we aim to strengthen our existing customer base as well as reach out to a previously untapped market audience," explains Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operational Officer of Dare to be Creative.
Dragoman is the second application to be released with a German localization, following the release of iArchiver 1.4 last week. Localizations for French, Spanish, Italian and Russian are planned for November 2008.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts image, photo, music, sound and archive files
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles raw digital camera formats: Adobe Digital Negative (dng), Photo CD (pcd), Canon Digital Camera Raw Image Format (crw, cr2), Kodak Digital Camera Raw Image File (dcr), Sony (Minolta) Raw Image File (mrw), Nikon Digital SLR Camera Raw Image File (nef), Olympus Digital Camera Raw Image File (orf), Fuji CCD-RAW Graphic File (raf), Sony ARW, Pextra PEF, Kodak Flashpix
* Converts text documents: simple Microsoft Word documents (doc), HTML, Rich Text Format (RTF), plain text, Safari Webarchives, Microsoft Word XML
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: iTunes native MP4 (mp4, m4a), MP3 (read-only), Ogg, Vorbis, FLAC, AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Reduce image size by setting JPEG output quality
* Planned extensions to convert video and source code files
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $29.95 (USD), and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free update for registered Dragoman users. Dragoman is available for discount in a bundle with ResizeMe and Renamer4Mac on Macsnack.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, d) ResizeMe, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, and e) Dragoman, a batch file converter for images, photos, music, text documents and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved.