August 23, 2011 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Gunsan, Republic of Korea - BuBuCompany today is pleased to announce ParticleCreator 3.0 for OS X, an update to their Developer Tool that simplifies the creation of particle effects for use in Cocos2d games. Designed to replace the slow work of adjusting code variables to create a desired particle effect, the graphical tool allows developers to quickly generate, preview, modify, test, and save a customized effect. Once the effect is saved, ParticleCreator automatically generates the Cocos2d code, which can be added to the project's Resource Folder. Featuring a neatly arranged Settings Window with sliders / number fields that control every aspect of the particle's appearance and behavior, ParticleCreator is the ideal tool for graphic artists without programming skills as well as experienced game developers.
ParticleCreator has a single settings window from which users can choose one of four buttons: Graphic Configure, Particle Configure, Code Make, and Testing. A Preview window displays the animated particle(s) in real-time, or it may be displayed fullscreen. The Settings Window also includes selections for Play (One Play or Looped Play), Device (iPhone or iPad), Orientation (Landscape or Portrait), Load and Save Buttons, and a gallery of 37 Templates that be used as a starting point for creating a customized effect. Most commonly seen effects are represented in the Template gallery, including: Fire, Nova, Star Field, Explosion, Waterfall, Hurricane, Raindrops, Lightning Bugs, Fireworks, Spirograph, Solar Storm, Strobe, Bullets, Cyclone, Twinkling Points, Skulls, Ring of Fire, Spirals, etc.
Graphic Configure Controls:
* Start Color
* End Color
* Start Color Variance (R, G, B, and Alpha)
* End Color Variance (R, G, B, and Alpha)
* Blending Source (Normal or Additive, 9 presets)
* Blending Destination (Normal or Additive, 9 presets)
* Particle Texture Window (Drag-and-Drop)
* Particle Texture Template Gallery
Particle Configure Controls:
* Total Number of Particles
* Size (Start, Variance, Finish, Variance)
* Position (Position X, Position Y, Position X Variance, Position Y Variance)
* Lifespan and Lifespan Variance
* Emit Angle and Emit Angle Variance
* Spin (Spin Start, Spin Finish, Spin Start Variance, Spin Finish Variance)
* Gravity (Speed, Speed Variance, Gravity X, Gravity Y)
* Gravity (Radial Acceleration and Variance, Tangential Acceleration and Variance)
* Radial (Degrees/Second and Variance, Maximum Radius and Variance, Minimum Radius)
* Automatically generates Cocos2d code for iOS games
* Large Gallery of Particle Templates
* Large Gallery of Texture Templates
* Selectable iPhone resolution/iPad resolution
* Selectable device orientation
* Simple base particle Template provided
* Fullscreen preview mode
* Various action tests
* Image and background color test
* Add custom Templates
* Import and export files
"ParticleCreator 3.0 for OS X is a sophisticated tool that will save both developers and graphic artists time and effort," stated the developer of ParticleCreator Minsik Kim. "You can easily move sliders, enter values, mix-and-match, and drag-and-drop to generate the particle effect you need."
* US English and Korean
* Mac OS X Leopard 10.6 or higher
* 3.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ParticleCreator 3.0 is just $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Gunsan, Republic of Korea, BuBuCompany is owned by independent software developer Minsik Kim. He is passionate about creating Mac OS X Developer Tools, as well as iOS games. Copyright (C) 2011 BuBuCompany. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.