April 20, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] CryptoEdit is a full featured word processor for reserved documents, handling TEXT, RTF and RTFD (with images) format.
It saves documents on disk always as Blowfish encrypted and is the ideal solution to manage reserved documents with formatted text and images.
CryptoEdit is absolutely simple, powerful and secure.
* It allows to edit document as a normal simple word processor which can handle text and images. All the features available in a modern Cocoa based rich text processor are available in CryptoEdit.
* The text can be formatted using rules, different font,style, size, color.
* All the usual manipulations of fonts are available via menu and dialogs plus custom styles are available. Spelling in your native language. Text search is full implemented.
* Insertion of images inside the document with just drag and drop.
* Import from other documents in standard TEXT or RTF or RTFD (RTF + images) .
* Export as TEXT, RTF or standard RTFD (included images)
CryptoEdit can also add to every document a public note that everyone can see trying to open the document, this can be used to comunicate a note by the author (if the document is for distribution, as an example, on how to obtain the password) or just a reminder if the document is for internal use only.
* Easy and simple
* Native in Objective-C and Cocoa, Universal binary native for PPC Mac and Intel Mac
* Uses a strong Blowfish algorithms
* Save always as encrypted, helping you avoid security problems
* Full featured RTF editor with rulers, fonts, styles, unlimited number of documents and more...
* Inserts images with a simple drag and drop.
* Can import from TEXT, RTF and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format + embedded images)
* Can export documents as standartd TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
* Save as crypted also embedded images
* Open and decrypt in a flash
* Can genereate secure distributable documents
* Can add public notes visible without password for document general information
New in this release:
* Auto Update Function
* Lock command
* Bug fixes
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac.