August 31, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Cambridge, Massachusetts - RPA Technology today announces Mobile Mouse Pro 2.6.0 for iOS, a Lion-ready update to their best-selling Utility that transforms any iOS device into a computer remote control, complete with trackpad and air mouse. Designed to operate via a local Wi-Fi network, there are no line-of-sight limitations, so users may control Mac, PC, or Linux computers connected to a TV from their location across the room. The update features a Pro Presentation Mode for controlling slide shows, a File Browser Mode for launching applications and media files, and all new multi-touch gestures to mimic those in OS X Lion.
Mobile Mouse Pro has received widespread critical acclaim and was the number one paid Utility in the App Store (2009), one of Apple's "Awesome iOS 4 Apps" (2010), and was featured in Apple's "Better Together" spotlight in the Mac App Store (2011). Mobile Mouse Pro has been written up in top publications such as The New York Times, MacWorld, and CNET.
An ideal app for the remote control of any computer being displayed on a flat screen or projection TV, Mobile Mouse Pro allows the user to view the screen from a comfortable distance, while using their iOS device as a wireless mouse or trackpad. Using an innovative application notification system, the iOS device is always aware of what applications are running at any time and shows the appropriate keys for that program, providing the user with a single screen for controlling all media and web applications. The app uses the device's built-in accelerometer to translate hand motions into mouse movements on the screen. It can also operate as a trackpad, allowing the user to control their computer with a single finger.
* Accelerometer-based mouse controller
* Trackpad functions in vertical or horizontal orientation
* Application switcher (works just like the dock in OS X)
* File Browser
* Free Mobile Mouse Server application for Mac, PC, or Linux computers
* Ability to hide keyboard (shake to hide/show)
* Operates over a local Wi-Fi network - no line-of-sight limitations
* Landscape keyboard (shake in landscape orientation to display)
* Media Remote (with volume up/down and eject buttons)
* Web Remote
* Presentation mode with Pro option (Keynote/PowerPoint)
* Oversized numeric keypad
* Application notifications
* Remote keyboard with function and arrow keys
* Programmable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
* Scroll pad
* Left and Right mouse buttons
* Multi-touch gestures (two finger scroll, two finger tap, swipe left/right with 4 fingers, swipe up/down with 4 fingers, pinch with 4 fingers, spread 4 fingers, three finger drag, three finger tap, double tap three fingers, double tap two fingers)
* Modifier Keys
* On screen typing
* Remotely wake up or put the computer to sleep
* Password protection
* Custom sensitivity settings
* Unlimited custom media and web remotes with scripting capabilities
* Foreign language keyboards
* Supports Bonjour or static IP
* No screen size limitation, and works with multiple monitors
* High-resolution graphics for Retina display on iPhone 4 and iPod touch (4th generation)
* HD version available for iPad
Long a favorite of presenters in government, business, and education, Mobile Mouse Pro enables the speaker to control a computer-based slide show or video from anywhere in the room. Just as the app has media and web modules, there is a presentation module that is automatically activated when such applications as PowerPoint or Keynote are launched. This presentation screen has two modes: basic (default) and pro. The basic screen features oversized Next and Back buttons, as well as a Start button. When the slide show is playing, presenters see the slide numbers on the Start button and the slide Title as text on the trackpad. To access the optional pro version, users tap the icon that looks like a page curl with a star on it. The Pro Presentation Mode includes a view of the current slide with swipe controls, the presentation notes, a presentation timer, an on-screen pointer, and a slide picker.
"Whether you want to control a PowerPoint presentation in front of hundreds of people or just check your email from the comfort of your couch, Mobile Mouse Pro is the simple, universal solution," stated Ramzi Audeh, CEO of RPA Technology. "And our latest version includes customizable, multi-touch gestures, file browsing, and an advanced Pro Presentation Mode."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.1.2 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* 6.4 MB
* Mac OS X 10.5 or greater, Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion (Intel)
* Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
* Wi-Fi router (works best on a local area network or wireless ad hoc network)
* Mobile Mouse Server Software (Free download for Mac, PC, or Linux)
Pricing and Availability:
Mobile Mouse Pro 2.6.0 for iPhone/iPod is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Mobile Mouse Pro 2.6.0 for iPad is $2.99. The optional Pro Presentation Mode is available as an in-app purchase for $1.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, RPA Technology was founded in 2007 by Ramzi Audeh. They specialize in web, desktop, and mobile software solutions for companies large and small. Copyright (C) 2007-2011 RPA Technology All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.