September 1, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia - Vito Technology today is glad to announce a major update of Solar Walk app - a 3D Solar System model for iOS. The Solar System model presented in the app is fully functional and spinnable, with 10 planets (including a dwarf planet Pluto), 20 moons of the planets, 10 satellites orbiting the Earth, about a hundred of the biggest stars, and hundreds of named places on the Moon, Mars, Earth and Venus. The Time Machine feature lets you speed up the time back or forward thus moving planets and satellites according to the real trajectories. This update features 3D TV support, external TV Support, 3D models of 10 main satellites, 3 new educational movies and detailed Earth texture.
Solar Walk is the first app in the AppStore supporting 3D TV. One can use the advantage of the hi-tech novelties to explore the Solar System, listen to the ambient music and become a part of the Universe. The Managing Director of Vito Technology emphasizes: "Vito Technology is the first developing company in the AppStore presenting an app with 3D TV support. 3D TVs are becoming more and more popular among people but there are not many films or content that they can watch using 3D function of the 3D TVs. With Solar Walk app they can enjoy flying among the planets of Solar System, man-made Satellites, even see our Solar System as a minor particle of the Galaxy."
The NEW version presents 3D models of the most well-known man-made satellites: Daichi, ISS, Hubble, Suzaku, Envisat, Aqua, ERBS, CORONAS-Photon, SEASAT, UARS. The most breathtaking impressions one can get by zooming in on one of the satellites, fast forwarding the Time Machine to ride around the Earth on a satellite (see our latest youtube video).
The collection of educational movies has been enlarged with three new movies describing the tidal phenomena, major circle of latitude and zodiacal constellations. All in all, Solar Walk app includes seven movies that vividly explain most interesting phenomena and notions that make us understand the world around us better.
* Galaxy view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option
* Time Machine - set any date you want including even minutes and take a travel through space and time
* 3D Solar System model
* Movies - explanatory movie collection about the Earth's phenomena
* Fly to a Planet - choose a planet from a far, tap an image and fly straight to the planet
* Satellites - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites
* Locations - arrow will show your current position on the globe, plus names of the biggest cities of the Earth, as well as sights of the Moon, Mars and Venus
* Info about all planets - general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions
* Moons 0f Different Planets: select a planet like Earth, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Urano and observe how many moons they have and their track around the planet. Select one of the moons and learn
* US English, Russian, Chinese Simple (HANS), German, Italian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Chinese Traditional
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* Universal Application
* 143 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model 1.8 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company's latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.