September 10, 2011 in Lifestyle (F)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Just in time for the harvest travel season, Wine Spectator, the world's leading authority on wine, has announced the release of an innovative new iPad travel app: Wine Spectator's Guide to Napa Valley 1.0. This app delivers Wine Spectator's world-class editorial content on Napa Valley in a unique format that blends the reading experience of a magazine with the interactivity of a digital travel guide.
Built for wine lovers who wish to plan their perfect trip to Napa Valley or learn more about its wines, particularly Cabernet Sauvignon, its star player, Wine Spectator's Guide to Napa Valley combines editor recommendations on the top hotels, restaurants, attractions, and wineries of the region with rich articles, stunning photography, and special access to over 400 of Wine Spectator's gold standard Napa Valley wine reviews, including more than 200 Cabernets.
"As tablet devices proliferate in the marketplace, consumers will increasingly demand quality wine content that's built to take advantage of the new format," said Marvin R. Shanken, Chairman of M. Shanken Communications, publisher of Wine Spectator, "Wine Spectator's Guide to Napa Valley is our company's first step to addressing this important need."
Specific features of the app include:
* Complete trip planner to Napa Valley with editor recommendations on where to stay, where to dine, which wineries to visit, and what to drink
* Rich articles on the history, geography, and appellations of Napa Valley with additional content focused on Cabernet Sauvignon
* Stunning iPad-optimized photography created exclusively for the app's use
* Easy navigation with multiple ways to browse the app as well as interactive in-page slideshows
* Pop-up definitions to quickly define complex wine terms
* Interactive map view that plots editor recommendations on top Napa Valley destinations for quick filtering and access
* Special access to over 400 Wine Spectator Napa wine reviews, including more than 200 Cabernets, with the ability to sort by specific producers or vintages
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 67.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wine Spectator's Guide to Napa Valley 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Based in New York, New York. Wine Spectator is the world's leading authority on wine. Anchored by Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches more than 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also encompasses the web's most comprehensive wine site, mobile platforms, and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from the vineyard to the table, exploring wine's role in contemporary culture and delivering expert reviews of more than 15,000 wines each year. Parent company M. Shanken Communications also publishes Cigar Aficionado, Food Arts, Market Watch, Malt Advocate and Impact. Copyright (C) Wine Spectator All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.