September 12, 2011 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Everguide has won a Mobie for best nightlife application at the inaugural Australian Mobile Awards held at The Beresford in Sydney on 8 September. Chosen as a finalist for the categories of 'Best New Service and Application' and 'Nightlife', the Everguide iPhone app took the prize in the 'Nightlife' category.
The 2011 Australian Mobile Awards recognise the best of the Australian Mobile Industry, celebrating outstanding achievement across all aspects of the Australian mobile landscape and rewarding the creativity and insight of both individuals and business at the cutting edge of the industry.
The Everguide iPhone app, website and mobile site let you find events and plan, personalise and share your social life - all with the stroke of a few buttons.
Everguide has recently made its national debut and now features the most comprehensive listing of events across every capital city in Australia including all the big cities as well as the ones you might not expect - Canberra, Hobart and Darwin.
No matter where you are, Everguide will help cut through the noise to quickly find what's on in your city. It covers music, entertainment, arts and culture. Whatever you're into - whether it's comedy, craft markets, theatre or Motley Crue - Everguide's got it covered.
To coincide with the national launch, Everguide has released a number of new features including:
* Near Me: Geo locates the exact location of a user and finds all the events happening around them
* Nearby: Allows users to pin point a location anywhere around the country and find out what's happening there. So if you're heading to Brisbane for the weekend, you can look at what's happening near your hotel and also get directions on how to get there
* Real time interaction: Users can now add comments and upload photos to event listings on the fly or live at the event
Over the coming months, Everguide will also release a number of special benefits for members including:
* Spring Racing Guide: Launched in partnership with Schweppes, this will be the one-stop-shop for all Spring Racing Carnival fun with advice on which race meets to go to and how to make the most of the carnival including the best places to watch the race, bands and fashion shows on offer as well as VIP events.
* The Everguide Members' Lounge: Launched in partnership with MasterCard Debit, the lounge will give registered Everguide members and MasterCard Debit card holder's exclusive access to ticket before they go on sale, competitions, vouchers, prizes and giveaways.
* The Everguide Summer Music Festival Insider: Launched in partnership with Strongbow, this will be the one-stop-shop for all your summer music festival fun with advice on all of the hot summer festivals including schedules, line-ups, insider information and the chance to win tickets and other exciting prizes.
As always with Everguide, you can:
* Search over 15,000 current and future event listings in music, entertainment, and arts & culture nationally
* Get breaking tour and event news, photo galleries and reviews of recent events
* Personalise the service by selecting the artists and types of events you want to see
* Keep a calendar of events you're attending and share it with friends via Facebook & Twitter
* Follow Everguide on foursquare to get tips on the coolest spots in your city
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 7.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Thanks to the support of Strongbow, MasterCard Debit, Schweppes, Nissan Micra, Pure Blonde, Bulmers and Asahi, Everguide is a free service or for all web-enabled mobile devices at m.everguide.com.au. Everguide 2.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. The Android version of the Everguide app is planned for release later in 2011.
Established in 1999, Lifelounge Group is a digital media and entertainment company who are committed to providing awesome content and experiences to our community. With over one million young adults visiting our sites each month, the Lifelounge Media Network is one of Australia's largest aggregators of 18-35 year old. Lifelounge networks include Lifelounge, Everguide, TheVine (owned in JV with Fairfax) known as the country's number one youth and entertainment website, PopMag and the Prote.in network. Copyright (C) 2011 Lifelounge Group. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.