April 20, 2007 in Mac OSX (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of the new mStand ergonomic laptop stand and the iRest aluminium coloured gel wrist rest.
mStand - Designed for the Apple® MacBook® and MacBook Pro®, and suitable for all laptops, mStand helps users work comfortably and safely every day by raising their laptop to the same ergonomic height as the external display. mStand is made of a single solid piece of aluminium with matching MacBook Pro's sand-blasted and silver anodised finish. mStand transforms a laptop into a stable and stylish workstation. All ergonomic guidelines recommend placing the screen at eye level, and keeping the back, forearms and wrists straight. This can be achieved by using a laptop with mStand, external keyboard and mouse. mStand helps users work comfortably and safely every day.
The mStand is extremely stable because it has a large base support of 7.5 inches x 10 inches. (190mm x 253 mm). The mStand is big enough for the 17" MacBook Pro to sit securely on it.There is a lip at the front of the mStand which prevents it from slipping forward. There are also rubber pads on the corners for extra grip. It is made of a single solid aluminium plate (not strip) that is forged (not cast) at the edges to give extra strength. The mStand thickness of 1/10 inch (2.5mm) is similar to the thickness of a dinner plate.
* Better ergonomics are achieved with higher screen height
* Increases screen height by 6 inches
* Tilt design brings screen closer and improves airflow around laptop
* Single piece aluminium design provides solid stability
* Keyboard stash clears up desk area when not in use
* Cable organiser behind arranges cables neatly
iRest Aluminium - iRest Aluminium, the new gel-filled wrist rest with Lycra material offers superior comfort.The iRest is the same size and shape as many other wrist rests, but its distinct colour and comfortable material make it stand out from the pack. The included mouse pad is simple, yet comfortable and functional. There are also two adhesive strips on the underside of the mouse pad to allow attachment to a desk. Research shows lighter-coloured mouse pads provide a better tracking surface for optical mice, and allow the batteries on cordless mice to last longer since less power is required to track movement.
* Allows for therapeutic support
* Protection against Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (Strain Disorders)
* Skid resistant elastomer base holds iRest firmly in place
* Reduces fatigue on your wrist
* Optical precision mouse pad surface allows control over fine cursor movements
* Soft cushion in mouse pad offers extra comfort for your palm
* Suitable for other keyboards and mouses
The mStand and the iRest are available through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com. Email address is email@example.com.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site.