September 13, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Birmingham, United Kingdom - Kapeli has released Dash and DashExpander, two Mac OS X applications designed to boost the productivity of regular users and developers. Both applications are currently free while in beta and are in active development.
DashExpander is a Text Abbreviation Expander. It saves you from typing countless keys for frequently used pieces of text. Abbreviation Expansion supports placeholders which can be edited before pasting, without interrupting you or your work. DashExpander saves you from typing repetitive text and expands small abbreviations into long snippets.
* Collect text snippets that you often reuse
* Sync by saving your library in Dropbox
* Placeholders can be edited before pasting
* Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them
* Tag Cloud scales tags based on usage count
* Menu item application, always one keyboard shortcut away
Dash builds on top of DashExpander and provides extra functionality for developers. Dash is a Code Snippet Manager and Documentation Browser. It helps iOS and OS X developers to quickly search the Cocoa documentation, as well as organize their own snippets of code, supporting over 80 syntaxes.
Dash also features Wiki pages for each Cocoa class and method. The community of developers can use these Wiki pages to share their experiences and usage examples with the classes, as well as ask for help. In a nutshell, Dash crowdsources the Apple-provided documentation.
* Everything DashExpander can do
* Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting
* Search Cocoa reference in iOS, Mac and custom docsets
* Classes and methods have their own wiki pages
* Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents
* Easily switch between platforms by clicking on search result icon
* Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way
* Built for speed. Searching is almost instant
* Users who want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser can do so
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
Free! DashExpander and Dash are available on the Mac App Store.
Kapeli is a one-man software project ran by Bogdan Popescu, a Software Engineering student at Birmingham University. Kapeli has a simple goal: to solve some of the most common problems users encounter on Mac OS X. Copyright (C) 2011 Kapeli. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, the Finder and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.