September 13, 2011 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Auckland, New Zealand - Jingaz has announced iRelax Meditation - Yoga Nidra, their new app for guided meditation for the iPad, iPod and iPhone. The app brings an ancient ritual into the 21st century. Deeply relaxing guided meditation sessions with world class recordings and commissioned orchestral score. After only a few days on the iTunes App Store, the app has remained in the top 10 health and fitness category, receiving reviews highly praising the quality of the sessions and the clear, sleek interface.
People have used Yoga Nidra for body awareness and relaxation for decades. Many people also use guided meditation on a daily basis to relax and unwind from the stresses of modern living. The app contains five sessions, each made up of a combination of the core themes. Each session varies in length and content, from a short 20 minute Woodland Journey to a 45 minute deeply relaxing journey of Body Awareness.
The app can be used first thing in the morning to help you be at your best for the day ahead, or last thing at night to help you drift off into a deep and refreshing sleep.
* Deeply relaxing guided meditation sessions
* World class recordings and orchestral score
* Binaural ambient relaxation techniques
* 5 Sessions between 20 and 45 minutes in length
The Sessions include:
* Introduction: This track helps prepare your mind and body for the meditation ahead
* Breath and Relaxation: This track will help you enter a relaxed state where you are aware of your breath, slow your pulse and clear your mind
* Body Awareness: The heart of the Yoga Nidra, takes you on a journey of awareness of your body and energy points
* Woodland Journey: A guided meditation through a woodland journey, helping you be aware of all your senses though a deeply relaxing landscape of nature
* Heavy & Light: An additional body awareness track to help deepen your body awareness
* Return: As you return from your guided meditation, this track will gently bring you back to your surroundings, feeling alert, relaxed and refreshed
Some recent 5 star reviews on iTunes:
"Great quality and easy to use. Used it a couple of times now and it's the best meditation program I've used. I have a few CDs that I've listened to in the past but really like the sound of this one and the way its been put together. Love it."
"I've only done one session, but I'm very impressed. The music and sound effects are beautiful and non-gimmicky, with some truly wonderful harp playing in the background. The session I did was paced and written well."
* iPhone or iPod touch iOS 3.0 or higher
* iPad iOS 4.0 or higher
Pricing and Availability:
iRelax Meditation 1.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Healthcare & Fitness category.
Based in Auckland, New Zealand, Jingaz was founded in 2008. Jingaz specialise in producing mobile applications for authors, industry and in-house projects. Jingaz produce apps for Apple iOS devices, the Android Market Place and custom mobile applications for business, industry and government bodies. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jingaz. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.