October 15, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Washington - unmarked software is delighted to announce the update of TextSoap 6, a major upgrade to their award winning text processing utility for Mac OS X. TextSoap moves beyond the boundaries of simple text find and replace, and is a premier text transformation tool designed to make all users more productive.
Version 6 brings a new user interface designed to provide easy access to its text cleaning tool set. The cleaner palette is now integrated into each window as a drawer. The word count palette similarly integrated into each editor window, providing dynamic word count for the entire document or just the selected text. The editor also adds support for text zooming to improve handling of smaller sized text.
TextSoap 6 includes a new custom cleaner editor to allow users to define their own text processing solutions. The new editor provides a single window interface, with easy access to all the tools needed to build a custom cleaner. The new editor features a number of new improvements.
Custom Cleaner Editor Feature Highlights in Version 6:
* One click preview to test current cleaner on sample text
* Cut, Copy, Paste one or more actions between cleaners
* Add comments to individual actions
* Expand or collapse individual actions
* Add subroutine cleaners to conditionally apply actions
* All Find and Replace actions now support "Starts With", "Ends With", and "Whole Word" matches
* New Bulk Find and Replace action added
* Quick reference for regular expressions available in the editor
* Simple import and export allows sharing cleaners between users
* No programming skills required. Just Drag and Drop
Additional Application Feature Highlights in Version 6:
* Clean messy emails, websites and other text
* Maintain style information as text is transformed
* Transform text based on its style
* Style text based on its content
* Supports text zooming from 125% to 800%
* Over 100 built-in cleaners available
* Quickly create custom cleaners to meet specific needs
* Group Cleaners by task allows quick access to tools for the specific job at hand
* Group Items can be colorized
* Keep articles at just the right length with on-the-fly word count
* Mac OS X Services and Shortcut Menu support
* Application plug-ins for BBEdit, TextWrangler, Mailsmith, Eudora, and Coda
* Convert Markdown format text to HTML
* Easy Batch File processing using the new "Clean Text Files" Automator action
* US English
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* Universal Binary: Works great on both Intel and PowerPC
* 14 MB hard Drive space
Take total control of text and its style. Whether it is Mail, AppleWorks, BBEdit, or TextEdit, TextSoap provides integration options such as Services Menu support, Shortcut Menu and Application plug-ins. With a single menu selection TextSoap 6 brings unique processing power to users from within their favorite application.
Pricing and Availability:
TextSoap 6 is available now directly from unmarked software. Pricing for new customers starts at $39.95 (USD). Upgrades for users of TextSoap 4 and 5 start at $24.95 (USD).
Based in Vancouver, Washington, unmarked software is a privately-held company founded in 1998 by President and CEO, Mark Munz. As a commercial software developer since 1988, Mark's experience lead him to evangelize the Mac platform with the release of the company's flagship product, TextSoap. TextSoap has received numerous accolades from press and users around the world. Copyright 1998 - 2008 unmarked Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.