September 19, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Prescott, Arizona - Empoc, LLC today is pleased to announce Swipe Lock, a new application for Mac OS X. Swipe Lock is an application made specifically for OS X and provides a stylish way for customers to lock and unlock their Mac.
The idea for Swipe Lock was first realized by Chris while he was playing with his iPhone actually annoyed by the fact that his exchange server required a pin number to unlock the phone before it could be used. The idea then came to him that while it is an annoyance, this feature is just as much a necessity. The thought of having a similar lock / unlock mechanism for his Apple computers seemed like a great addition and so, Swipe Lock was born.
Swipe Lock comes feature packed with every option you could want from an app that is used to lock / unlock your Mac.
* Swipe to Unlock with Magic Mouse or Track Pad
* Click to Unlock with any Mouse
* Multi Display Support (Pick which display you want the lock screen to appear on)
* Set an Auto Lock Timer
* Set a System Sleep Timer
* Launch Swipe Lock at Login
* Lock your screen immediately after the Swipe Lock Launches
* Set your own background or choose the default
* Choose Lock and Unlock Sounds
* Show / Hide a battery meter
* Show / Hide your WiFi Signal Strength
* Show / Hide a Sleep Button
* Show / Hide the clock
* Switch Between 24 and 12 hour time
* Enable Password (Allows you to set a password before the screen unlocks)
* Enable Account Lock Out (Allows you to set a lock out with a duration to not allow any more unlock attempts until the duration has expired)
* Enable Lock Out Override (Got yourself locked out but need to get in anyway? use the failsafe phrase or word to override the lockout)
* Mac OS X Version 10.6.6 Snow Leopard or higher
* Intel Only
All in all, Swipe Lock is a great addition to an already amazing operating system and will make the overall user experience more enjoyable. If you haven't already, go ahead and give Swipe Lock a try.
Located in Prescott, AZ/USA, Empoc, LLC was founded in 2011 by Chris Fletcher. Empoc, LLC, a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment content develops highly innovative and entertaining software including novelty apps and games. The Empoc, LLC team has developed large and small projects alike, using a wide range of languages, platforms and tools. The team experience allows the team to rapidly prototype, develop and publish rich iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac OS X apps featuring interactivity, productivity, games, puzzles and many other innovative features. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Empoc, LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.