October 17, 2008 in iTunes (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Eternal Storms Software is proud to announce version 4.2 of GimmeSomeTune. GimmeSomeTune is an iTunes companion that automatically downloads artwork and lyrics for the currently playing song. It shows an information window and lets the user control iTunes with Apple Remote and Hotkeys. It also "scrobbles" songs to last.fm if you have an account. The application is highly configurable so the users can modify it to their taste.
Artwork is fetched from several sites, including all Amazon stores and the Apple iTunes Store. Lyrics are downloaded from lyricwiki, leoslyrics and lyricsdownload, making it a highly reliable lyrics-search-machine. New sources for retrieval of artwork as well as lyrics are currently under way, slated for a later release of GimmeSomeTune.
GimmeSomeTune version 4.2 brings many bugfixes:
* Issues with transmitting songs to last.fm (also known as scrobbling) have been addressed.
* A bug where lyrics were retrieved without formatting has been fixed.
* The whole process of retrieving artworks and lyrics has been re-written, ensuring that artwork and lyrics go into the song they're supposed to go - previously, when quickly going through songs, artwork and lyrics sometimes happened to end up in the wrong songs. This has been addressed with the new structure of fetching.
* Minor bugs and memory leaks have been fixed.
* Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (version 4.1.1 for 10.4 is available)
* iTunes 7
* Internet connection (for artwork- and lyrics fetching, scrobbling to last.fm)
* 2 MB hard drive space
GimmeSomeTune is Donationware, and thanks to users' donations, Eternal Storms Software is able to further develop this software and basically keep it free of charge. Thanks and gratitude goes to all the kind donators.
Eternal Storms Software is a small software company located in Vienna, Austria, Europe. Their focus is currently on making quality freeware applications - in the past, they've released GimmeSomeTune, an allround iTunes-controller with artwork- and lyrics-fetching abilities and HierarchicalDock, which brings back hierarchical menus for folders in Leopard's Dock - amongst many others. "For your computer, all that matters is good software." Copyright 2008 Eternal Storms Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.