September 21, 2011 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Asten, Netherlands - RoJaSoft today is proud to announce the release of the version 1.2 of their iPhone app Speeds. Speeds is a speedometer for the iPhone with something extra. You can record your routes and see them later on a map. Speed, max speed, average speed, distance and time are measured.
What's new in version 1.2?
* New themes have been added
* Mail your routes to a friend.
* Plays sound when you reach a new maximum speed (can be turned off)
* Pause/Resume recording
* Some new animations
* Show max speed in a map
* Dutch language added
Speeds will measure your speed using GPS. For accurate measurement you need a good gps signal. So you have to have an open view to the sky. It can measure your speed when you are in a train, a car, a plain or on a bike. Of course you can switch between miles and kilometers. Further more you can set the range of the speedometer. You can choose between small, medium and large.
The app launches with the view of the beautiful speedometer. Speed and max speed are shown. Below there are two buttons. One to start recording and one to reset the max speed. When you press start, the recording view will pop up. This has three buttons. One to stop recording. One to pause/resume and one to reset the max speed. Speed, max speed, average speed, distance and time are shown. Press on the stop button to stop recording and save your route. The button at the top right corner, will bring you to the flip side of Speeds. Here you can view your routes on a map and make changes to the settings.
* Choose between kilometers and miles
* Choose between different themes
* Select the range of the speedometer (small, medium and large)
* Speeds keeps track of your speed, max speed, average speed, distance and time
* Speeds plays a sound when you reach a new max speed. (Can be turned off)
* Start recording your route. Just tap on the button start
* Reset max speed by tapping on reset
* Pause/resume recording.
* Delete routes, you don't need anymore
* Watch your routes on a map
* Choose between map, satellite and hybrid view
* See the distance on the map
* See the max speed on a map
* Mail your routes to friends
* In English and Dutch.
The previous version of Speeds was received very well. Especially in the Netherlands. Where it got six five star reviews.
* iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
* iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 0.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Speeds 1.2 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.
Located in the south of the Netherlands, RoJaSoft is a new and small software development firm founded by Rob Janssen in 2010. RoJaSoft focuses on the iPhone platform, aiming to create new and original apps. Copyright (C) 2011 RoJaSoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.