September 18, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - kunst-stoff has announced The Great Jitters 1.5, for iOS devices. The user leads a fearful blob of pudding through a spooky haunted house, scare monsters with freakish weapons and get to the exit as fast as you can. Many variations in game play, which include puzzle-solving, playing against the clock, unraveling labyrinths and winning treacherous races. Keep the game fresh and inspiring throughout the whole ride and for players of any level.
"It showed that with the green jelly, we've obviously developed a very popular character," says Patrick Rau, founder and creative director of developer kunst-stoff. "Our community loves J. Jitters. One of our fans, a young lady from Mexico, even proposed marriage to him! So we decided to continue J. Jitters success with a super-casual racing game and a version for browsers."
"The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic", which was called "a stunning piece of art" (appsafari.com), "a puzzler without comparison on iPhone" (pocketgamer.co.uk) or "one of the best iOS games of its genre" (maclife.com), was released for the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch in June and for PC in August 2011. The game won the international red dot design award as well as the Pocketgamer Gold Award, and received excellent reviews. The game was on position 1 of the iPhone quality index as well as among the 5 top iPhone games on metacritic.com.
In the quirky action puzzler, players test their courage in 48 suspenseful levels and dive into four "beautiful 3D worlds" (appgefahren.de). The player leads an anxious blob of pudding through a spooky haunted house. The pudding has to find the way to the exit and evade scary monsters waiting in the dark. The only chance of survival is to scare the monsters back before the pudding quivers, shivers and faints from fear: The player fights evil witches, scary skeletons and rusty knights with an arsenal of freakish weapons and trap.
People who want to gain an insight into the personal life of game actor J. Jitters, should watch the hilarious videos "Jobs in the game industry" on TheGreatJitters.com, which uncover the shocking working conditions in the video game industry. Some people say that in every video, a popular casual game is satirized... Watch out! "The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic" has recently been localized into 7 more languages. The game is now available in English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Italian and Dutch.
* "This game is a must-play with incredible graphics, gameplay, Game Center support, and many enjoyable level. Be prepared for a frighteningly fun ride!" 5 of 5 stars - appadvice.com
* "Pudding Panic is a charming and well crafted action/puzzler with lots of attention to detail, making it one of the best iOS games of its genre!" 4.5 of 5 stars -maclife.com
* "Pudding Panic seems to have created a genre that has never been seen before on the App Sto. A pat on the back for whoever came up with such a crazy and outlandish idea!" 9 of 10 stars - appgamer.net
* "If you're looking for a puzzle game that's fun, fast, and original, you'll eat up Pudding Panic. Its premise alone is a winner!" 4 of 4 stars - slidetoplay.com
* "Super fun to play! This game is sure to have something to make you smile!" 4.5 of 5 stars - 148apps.com
* "A stunning piece of art, a spectacular look and feel, unique gameplay, for this low price Pudding Panic is a great buy!" 4.5 of 5 stars-appsafari.com
* "Pudding Panic is by far the best!" appsjp.com
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 200 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic 1.5 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
kunst-stoff is an independent game developer and producer based in Berlin, Germany. The company and was officially founded in 2008. In the meantime, kunst-stoff has grown into an award-winning game developer, receiving the honor of the German Developer Award in the category "Best Children's Game 2010″ for its debut Nintendo DS game "Galaxy Racers", published by Ubisoft in 2010. kunst-stoff also produces interactive exhibits for clients in the industrial and cultural fields and is active in the development of new technology. "The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic" is kunst-stoff's first self-published game series. Copyright (C) 2011 kunst-stoff All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.