October 28, 2008 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Yazsoft has released a major new update to ShareTool. Developed for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, ShareTool is hands down, the fastest, easiest, and most secure way to access all of your Bonjour services from anywhere in the world. No server or technical skills required. Just a simple mouse click. Also works with VPN connections. For anyone that's been itching to get Bonjour working over VPN, ShareTool is for you.
What is ShareTool and why should I care?
Scenario: You've just purchased a brand new iMac and MacBook and are simply loving it. You've set up your home or office network exactly the way you want it. You have file sharing between the two machines and can transfer your documents easily between them; you can listen to your iMac's iTunes Library from the MacBook and view your MacBook's iPhoto Library from your iMac. Everything on your network works exactly as you want it to and life is beautiful.
What happens when you have to leave (i.e. work or travel) the comfort of your new custom configured network? Wouldn't it be nice to know that with one mouse click you will be able to access almost everything you've just setup from anywhere in the world securely? Before ShareTool, this was simply not possible without an extremely (if at all possible) complicated setup even for those in the know. Not anymore! With ShareTool, that complex procedure is reduced to a simple mouse click and as a result, yes, you can be at two places at the same time!
ShareTool lets you access all of the Bonjour services on your home network from anywhere in the world. This includes iTunes Music Sharing, Screen Sharing, File Sharing, printing, and more.
With ShareTool, you can listen to your entire iTunes music library at work, control the screen of any of your home computers, or grab that important file you forgot to bring with you. And this is simply the tip of the iceberg. With ShareTool, it's as if you've never left your own network. It's Back to my Mac - on steroids.
Some Key New Features in ShareTool:
* Simple Setup: ShareTool automatically configures routers supporting NAT-PMP or UPnP
* Easy Access: Remote services automatically appear in Finder, iTunes, and other applications
* Compatibility: ShareTool enables remote access for any application or service that advertises itself using Bonjour and runs over TCP/IP
* Security: All network traffic is strongly encrypted. Access to your services requires your Mac OS X username and password
* Dynamic domain name support
* On the fly compression: Transfer large files quickly
* Secure web browsing: surf the internet using your own browser securely
* and much more
What's New in version 1.2.4:
* New: Added French localization.
* New: Added German localization.
* New: Added Polish localization.
* Changed: Leopard Firewall no longer prompts for permission repeatedly.
* Improved: Should now update dynamic domains properly when ports are forwarded manually.
* Fixed: ShareTool should no longer die when left idle for too long.
* Fixed: Password is no longer required when a private key is present.
* Other: Tons of internal tweaks for increased performance.
* US English, French, German, and Polish.
* Requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later; Leopard ready.
* 22 MB Hard Drive Space.
* Internet connection.
Pricing and Availability:
* $20: 1 User license.
* $30: 2 User license. (Save $10)
* $75: Lite user license (Save $25)
Free demo is available today.
Yazsoft was founded in 2001 to develop software expressly for the Mac platform. With an emphasis on total customer satisfaction, Yazsoft makes up a development team of 5 professionals, each responsible for coding, marketing, and total customer support. As Yazsoft's spotlight product, Speed Download is regularly updated to ensure optimal performance at all times. Copyright (C) 2001-2008 Yazsoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.