April 21, 2007 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania â€" Automated Workflows, LLC is pleased to announce the release of Mail to FileMaker Importer version 2.
Mail to FileMaker Importer 2 is an AppleScript-based application that can be used to automatically import email data from Mac OS X Mail or Microsoft Entourage into a FileMaker Pro database. Within the applicationâ€™s interface, users can easily configure the database and fields to be used for importing. Mail to FileMaker Importer 2 can be configured to import the selected messages in the current mailbox, or all messages in a specified mailbox. If specified, messages will be filed into a destination mailbox after they have been imported. Mail to FileMaker 2.0 also includes the ability to export an import configuration as an email rule script, which may then be configured to be automatically executed by Mail or Entourage when new email messages matching specified criteria are received.
A sample "FileMaker Pro" database is supplied with the solution for users that do not have a custom database available. Extensive documentation is also provided.
The latest update to this popular solution includes numerous enhancements, including:
* Updated to Universal Binary
* Updated to allow importing messages from both Mail and Entourage
* Updated to try to differentiate between multiple versions of FileMaker on a user's machine
* Updated to work with FileMaker 6 â€" 8.x
* Updated to include the ability to hide FileMaker during processing (for faster importing)
* Updated to include the ability to open local or networked databases
* Updated to include the ability to import message headers and message source
* Updated to include the ability to import bcc recipients (from outgoing mail only)
* Updated to include more flexible date/time handling and importing
* Updated to include the ability to handle saving email attachments and importing their paths
* Updated to retain all settings and options between executions
* Updated to include a "Log" window for error reporting and import stats
* Updated to include the ability to automatically begin importing messages upon launch
* Updated to include the ability to generate an email rule AppleScript, which may be configured to automatically import incoming email messages
* Re-designed interface and logo
* Re-designed email archive database
* Made numerous other enhancements and fixes
Mail to FileMaker Importer is available for $14.99 from the Automated Workflows, LLC website. A trial version is also available for download. For additional information about Mail to FileMaker Importer, to purchase, or to download a trial version, visit Automated Workflows, LLC's website.
Automated Workflows, LLC provides AppleScript, Automator, and workflow products and services to Mac-based businesses.