October 14, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Logan, Utah - Fishington Studios announced today that it has released the latest version of Map Draw-Route Tracking and Annotation. Several new fun and user friendly features have been added to the app, as well as the free version, which makes its debut this week. Map Draw is a versatile map annotation application that can be used for a variety of purposes. These can range from fitness training such as tracking a run or biking route or for social or business purposes such as coordinating a hike, planning a road trip, finding or giving directions to a business meeting and much, much more.
Since its release in September, Map Draw has seen a steady stream of downloads and increased number of sales. "Continuing support and customer service are among our highest priorities, so after receiving several great suggestions from our users, we updated the application to reflect those", remarked Fishington Studios Founder and CEO Chris Flammer. These new updates make the application even more user friendly and fun to use and it continues to offer features that no other route plotting application available on the iPad market today can compete with.
An especially useful and exciting addition to the application includes waypoint annotation pins. These handy markers can be added anywhere on a route or map and there is no limit to the number users can add. There are 300 unique icons and 10 possible pin colors available, which provide a number of creative combinations for marking areas of interest on a map or along a route. The "waypoint" icon, pin color, title, and subtitle are all completely customizable and touch technology allows users to simply use their finger to drag and drop a pin to a desired location.
The regular version of Map Draw is free to download and allows users to create and save 7 maps. For those wanting more, an elite version is also available for purchase, and includes unlimited entries. Flammer states: "We've released a free version of the application because we wanted to provide users a way to preview the application and see for themselves what it has to offer before making a decision to purchase. It is not our goal to replace Google Maps. Our application is instead designed to address a unique set of features that we feel is missing in most mapping applications out there today, and we are confident that these features will prove an invaluable resource for just about anyone."
About Map Draw:
Map Draw allows users to create their own routes and maps directly on the iPad. With the touch of a finger, users can track and save distances, routes and plans. Maps support the creation of custom waypoint annotation pins, and all maps can be drawn on freehand when exported, making it the ideal tool for anyone looking for a mobile and versatile navigation tracking system. All entries are stored in a professional and elegant journal-style interface on the device and no uploading to or downloading from a website is needed.
* Route creation using a touch system. Routes can be drawn independently of roads, allowing hikes and off-road trails to be captured
* User waypoint pins. Pin icon, color, title, and subtitle are customizable
* Maps can be exported via email, or saved directly to the device in the photo library. All exported maps can be freely drawn on, allowing a user to add additional notes, or paint directly on the map like a canvas
* Maps support forward geo-coding, allowing users to search for any location by name or address
* Incorporates a zoom to location feature for easy access to a user's current location when drawing a route
* Map styles can be toggled between standard, satellite, and hybrid. The type is stored and remembered for each individual map
* Plotting contains undo and clear-all support
* Each map created is stored in a journal-style interface for easy access. Every entry is plotted on a graphic map display
* Journal interface is customizable
* Application supports both landscape and portrait orientations
* All saved routes can be freely edited at any time. Changes are saved automatically
* Information is cached locally, allowing users to view a route and map offline
* Application contains built-in help and support, is intuitive and easy to us
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 22.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Map Draw 1.2 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. The regular version of Map Draw is free to download. Plans to release an iPhone version of this application are also in the works.
Established in 2009, Fishington Studios is a leading provider and expert developer of unique, high quality and customizable applications for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Platforms. Fishington Studios consistently strives to create applications that are both useful and enjoyable to use and is a company that is committed to providing continuing support and customer service to their users. For more information, visit Fishington Studios online. Copyright (C) 2011 Fishington Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.