October 29, 2008 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of iCombiner 1.3, the file merge utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. iCombiner is a productivity tool that can combine images, photos and scanned documents into a single PDF document. The new version ships with a German localization as part of the company's global expansion plans, and following popular demand from users in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
With the localization the company aims to reach out to the German-speaking Mac community. "One of the cornerstones of the success of Mac OS X is the seamless way in which it handles different languages," Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operational Office explains the underlying rationale of the goal, "and by localizing our applications we achieve the dual goal of thanking our existing users and reaching a previously untapped market audience."
iCombiner is the fourth application to be released with a German localization, following the releases of iArchiver 1.4, Dragoman 1.4 and ResizeMe 1.3 earlier this month. Localizations for French, Spanish, Italian and Russian are planned for November 2008.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Merges documents, images, scanned files and photos into a single PDF document
* Handles PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Supports multi-page PDF, TIFF and PostScript documents
* Merges files with drag and drop onto iCombiner's dock icon
* Merges files directly from Finder through the contextual menu
* Offers 3 different create modes: automatic in-place, prompt for destination file, and open in main window
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
iCombiner is $19.95 (USD), and available as a free download from the iCombiner website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free upgrade for existing users.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, d) iCombiner, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, and e) Dragoman, a batch file converter for image, music and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved.