November 6, 2008 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] Los Altos, CA - Sonoma Wire Works announces the launch of FourTrack, a multitrack audio recorder for the iPhone and iPod touch (2nd Generation). FourTrack is a songwriting and practice tool for singers, guitar players, piano players and other musicians who want to capture musical ideas and record songs on their iPhone. Plug in a microphone, arm a track, record, and repeat. FourTrack works with the iPhone built-in microphone, a headset mic, or an iPod touch with a third-party mic and headphones.
WiFi sync allows FourTrack recordings to be downloaded to any desktop computer with a browser. Tracks can then be loaded into any recording software (DAW) to continue working on songs. FourTrack is developed by Sonoma Wire Works, makers of RiffWorks guitar recording software, and by The Retronyms, makers of Recorder, the top selling (single track) recording application for the iPhone. Introductory price: $9.99 (USD).
* Track Count: 4
* Track Length: unlimited
* Recording Quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
* Calibrated Meters: accurately monitor record and playback levels
* Recording Clip Lights: ensure input levels do not cause distortion
* Calibrated Faders: accurately adjust playback level of each track
* Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
* Time Line: seek to anywhere in your song instantly
* Shuttle Wheel: accurately move within your song
* Slide-to-Record: prevents over-writing your tracks
* Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
* Compressor-Limiter: automatically fattens sound of the output mix
* Song List: unlimited song count
* WiFi Sync: copy recordings to a desktop computer
* Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (2nd Generation).
* Requires iPhone 2.0 software update.
* iPod touch requires a third party microphone (see developer website for recommendations).
What is a Four Track Recorder?
Stereo tape recorders record two tracks at a time on a cassette. A four-track recorder allows you to record one track at a time while listening to the other three. This allows you to record a guitar part, then add a vocal part, then add a harmony, and so on. The Beatles recorded several albums using only four tracks. Four-track cassette recorders were the first affordable multi-track recorders for home musicians. Multitrack recording software, like GarageBand and Pro Tools, allow you to record many tracks, but the principle is the same. FourTrack (the iPhone app) gives you the simplicity of the old-school cassette four-track in an affordable and convenient package. With FourTrack in your pocket, you can record music anywhere at the moment of inspiration.
Incorporated in 2003 and headquartered in Los Altos, California, Sonoma Wire Works develops products and services that help musicians enjoy playing, recording and sharing music. RiffWorks guitar recording software and the RiffWorld.com online collaboration community have received awards for performance and innovation, including a NAMM 08 Best in Show Trendsetter Award. The FourTrack iPhone application is their latest product.
The Retronyms, headquartered in San Francisco's sunny Mission district, is a band of programmers and artists developing entertaining self-expression tools for PC, Mac and the iPhone. The Retronyms focus on creating fun-to-use products with a streamlined workflow, and providing excellent customer service. Current products include Snap, a web cam photo-booth, and the top-selling iPhone Recorder.
(C)2008 Sonoma Wire Works. All rights reserved.
RiffWorks, RiffWorld, the RW Logo, and the FourTrack Logo are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.