November 12, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Ekero, Sweden - Maintain is proud to announce the release of Cocktail 4.2 (Tiger Edition). Cocktail 4.2 (Tiger Edition) is the latest version of Cocktail for users running Mac OS X 10.4. It adds new features, fixes, optimizations and other improvements:
* Added ability to search and delete corrupted preference files
* Added a searchable database of Mac OS system error codes
* Added a list of commonly used network ports
* Added support for Flock web browser
* New "Use expanded Save dialogs by default" setting (Interface - General)
* New "Always show tab bar" setting (Interface - Safari)
* New "Disable form modification warning on close" setting (Interface - Safari)
* New "Open new windows in new tabs" setting (Interface - Safari)
* New "Disable Genre column in iTunes browser" setting (Interface - Misc)
* New "Disable iTunes Store arrow links in iTunes" setting (Interface - Misc)
* Many under-the-hood optimizations for faster and more reliable performance
* Resolves an issue in which the uninstaller may fail to reset UDP settings to their default values
* Addresses compatibility issues with FAT32 volumes
* Addresses an issue in which improper permissions were applied to the Secure log (/var/log/secure.log) by the Weekly script
* Major improvements in Adobe font cache clearance
* Address an issue in which font server may not be restarted during clearing of the font caches
* Safari history files in ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari/History directory are now properly cleared
* Addresses miscellaneous compatibility issues with Firefox 3
* Improvements on the clear log files procedure
* Other minor bug fixes
* Interface improvements
* Updated Automator actions
* Updated Help files
The update is strongly recommended for all users of Cocktail (Tiger Edition).
Cocktail 4.2 (Tiger Edition) is distributed as a Universal Binary and runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. Cocktail 4.2 (Tiger Edition) requires Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server 10.4 - 10.4.11 and is tested for compatibility with Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server 10.4.11.
Cocktail 4.2 (Leopard Edition) for Mac OS X 10.5.x and Cocktail 3.7 (Panther Edition) for Mac OS X 10.3.x are available for download from our website.
Cocktail is an award winning general purpose utility for Mac OS X. It is a smooth and powerful digital toolset with a variety of practical features that simplifies the use of advanced UNIX functions and helps hundreds of thousands of Mac users around the world to get the most out of their computers.
The application serves up a scrumptious mix of maintenance tools and interface tweaks, all accessible via a comprehensive graphical interface. Most of Cocktail's major features are arranged in five basic categories. In addition, a Pilot lets you clean, repair and optimize your system with the click of a button.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Copyright 2008 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.