November 13, 2008 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Njection LLC is delighted to introduce Njection Mobile (NMobile), their worldwide speed trap notification system for iPhone 3G. Designed specifically to take advantage of the 3G's unique abilities and interface, NMobile was built for drivers so they can be notified to the location of speed traps, red light cameras, and speed detection devices.
Njection Mobile is the first to use a native Microsoft Virtual Earth Web Services (VEWS) implementation, leveraging the mobile tile set to speed up map displays, and provides one of the best mapping experiences on the iPhone.
Drivers may be alerted audibly to approaching speed traps based on several different criteria. The application uses Active Intelligence Selection System to alert users to the most relevant speed trap, based on speed, direction of travel, and current time. Users can submit and verify speed traps directly from the iPhone as well.
For business, personal travel, delivery service or anyone who spends time on the road, NMobile is the most advanced Speed Trap notification system available for the iPhone 3G.
Other Feature highlights include:
* Speech notification of Speed Traps based on current moving direction, speed of the driver, and distance to closest point using Active Intelligence Selection System (AISS)
* First software outside of Microsoft to use Microsoft Virtual Earth Web Services (VEWS) that uses SOAP and mobile tiles for faster downloads and lower bandwidth utilization.
* Live Updates of speed traps updated from the website or other iPhone users
* Support for Landscape and Portrait mode
* Speed Trap Ranking based on level of enforcement and time of day area is monitored
* 3G and 2.5G Compatible
* Submit Speed traps from the iPhone or on the website
* Rate Speed traps from the iPhone or on the website
Njection LLC has also simultaneously released VirtualEarthKit, a Software Development Kit used in the development of Njection Mobile. Available under the BSD license, VirtualEarthKit is a Cocoa framework that will allow developers to access Virtual Earth's services, such as geocoding, reverse geocoding, imagery and more. VirtualEarthKit runs on both Mac OS X and the iPhone platform. It will be managed by Consonance Software.
* US English
* iPhone 3G or Edge (but may not work as well without GPS)
Pricing and Availability:
Njection Mobile 1.0 for iPhone is only $9.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store. Media review copies are available on request.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Njection LLC is a small privately funded company founded in 2007 by Shannon Atkinson. In addition to developing awareness of speed traps worldwide, Njection is a hub for the exchange of automotive information, a lively discussion forum and news for serious car enthusiasts everywhere. Copyright 2007-2008 Njection LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Virtual Earth is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc.