November 18, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia - Vito Technology today is pleased to announce Solar Walk - 3D Solar System 1.9 for iOS, an update to their award-winning Education app that allows users to play with an interactive model of the Solar System and the Milky Way galaxy. The 360-degree, touch control 3D model displays planets, natural and artificial satellites, the closest stars, and the Milky Way galaxy. The app's database is self-contained and no Internet connection is required. Highly praised and featured by Apple in Best Apps 2010, this update adds voice-over to educational movie collection, multilingual subtitles, new high resolution textures to planets, including stunningly beautiful texture of Mercury, clouds over Venus and Uranus rings.
Vito Technology is devoted to making quality educational apps and this update is yet another step in this direction. With the latest voice-over addition everyone including children under school age can enjoy educational space travels with Solar Walk. The app reproduces astrophysical laws on screen and in the simplest way explains the most fascinating natural phenomena such as Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, seasonal change, zodiac cycle and more.
Extensive Solar Walk database combines the most essential information about our galaxy with the latest space imagery available. Once the app is launched, it brings you through the Milky Way galaxy to the Earth with a slight time machine fast forward to show the motion of ten most interesting man-made satellites over the surface. Tapping on any object selects it and zooms in, swiping rotates the selected object. A convenient info button brings up complete information regarding the selected object. Series of educational movies, available from the main menu with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English. Solar Walk has about 1000 closest Stars of the Milky Way galaxy, 30 Planets and Natural Satellites of the Solar System, 9 Man-Made Satellites, and 7 Education Movies in its database.
* 3D TV support
* 3D Mode - if you have 3D glasses, you are in for a treat
* Try it on iPad 2 or iPhone 4s to wirelessly mirror its screen to an Apple TV 2
* 3D Model of the Milky Way Galaxy - you can zoom out and find out exactly how it looks and where we are in it
* High Resolution Planets - zoom and rotate all planets and satellites to see every crater on the Moon or clouds on Venus.. Tap (i) to read info about any object
* Satellites - detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites, with info, history, and images
* Time Machine - how else can you show the laws of nature if not in motion
* Educational Movies - 7 explanatory movies about the most fascinating natural phenomena such as the Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, season change, zodiac cycle and more with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English
* Geography - the Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus have their own famous named locations
* Big Screen - connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* No Internet connection required
* US English, Russian, Chinese Simple (HANS), German, Italian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 5.0 tested)
* 276 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company's latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.