November 20, 2008 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Amsterdam - ConvenienceWare(TM) / AssistiveWare(R) today announced that GhostReader with American English or Parisian French voices is available as part of the Give Good Food to Your Mac promotion that runs until 30 November 2008. Mac users can put together a meal of their own taste by choosing from a menu with over 60 great Mac applications. Discounts are as follows: 20% off for 3 applications, 30% off for 4 applications, and 50% off for 5 or more applications.
Brought to you by Aquafadas and 50 Indie developers, Give Good Food to Your Mac probably also has a number of items that fit your taste. Try our GhostReader document and selection reader with natural sounding voices as your starter!
GhostReader can be used to:
* Convert documents to audiobooks to listen to on an iPod or iPhone
* Convert text from news sites and emails to audiobooks to listen to on an iPod or iPhone
Overcome reading difficulties
* Listen to selected text in any application with word or sentence highlighting
* Point the cursor at text in Safari to hear the paragraph below the cursor
* Open Text, Word, HTML, PDF and RTF files in an interactive reader window
* Listen to your own text to proof spelling and composition
Improve pronunciation and reading comprehension of foreign languages
* Listen to text on foreign web sites using natural sounding voices
* Type foreign text in a new reader window to hear the pronunciation
* Create personal podcasts by converting your text to audio files or iTunes tracks
GhostReader includes high quality voices in one language of choice. Additional language packs are available too! Available languages: American English (available through this promotion), British English, Czech, Finnish, French (available through this promotion), Canadian French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, American Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Norwegian, Turkish and Swedish.
AssistiveWare is the worldwide leader in innovative assistive technology software for Mac OS X that gives people back their lives. This includes award-winning KeyStrokes(R) and TouchStrokes(R) virtual keyboards, SwitchXS(R) scanning on-screen keyboard, LayoutKitchen(R) panel editor, and Proloquo(R) multi-purpose speech solution. The ConvenienceWare product line makes the advanced technologies developed by AssistiveWare available in cool and convenient applications that can make the life of Mac users easier. AssistiveWare and ConvenienceWare are trade names and trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. VisioVoice, SwitchXS, KeyStrokes, TouchStrokes, LayoutKitchen, GhostReader and Proloquo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. Infovox iVox is a trademark of Acapela Group. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.