December 7, 2011 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - To safeguard private business and personal files on an iPad or iPhone, CommandHub today introduced iFortress, a mobile application that uses enterprise-grade security to protect important documents, notes, and photos by locking them in a password protected vault on the user's device.
iFortress is built on CommandHub's patented CommandVault (TM) technology that is used to protect highly sensitive corporate and government documents as well as for multi-billion dollar corporate mergers. The app features enforced strong passwords, AES-256 bit encryption, and high-grade key generation to provide 10 to the power of 77 possible key combinations.
"We created iFortress to be a Fort Knox for your files," said Richard Cousins, Chairman and CEO of CommandHub. "The app is designed to protect your private files using multiple levels of advanced security technology in case your iPad or iPhone was lost or stolen."
As the iPhone and iPad become increasingly popular worldwide, more people are using them to access and store financial documents, confidential files, and personal photos. If their device was ever lost or stolen, however, this sensitive information could be accessed by anyone who knows how to bypass the standard protection and remote reset facilities.
The iFortress app is designed to protect such files using very high-levels of encryption and industry-leading security; even if a user's iPad or iPhone is lost or deliberately stolen, the data within the app's data vault remains fully protected.
The app features multiple levels of security to keep documents safe. It requires a strong password and - if lost or stolen - repeated password failures activate a "poison pill" that completely erases all data within it.
"Just looking at its easy-to-use interface, you would not know the layers of security that iFortress uses to protect your files," said Sue Ransom, co-Founder and Executive Vice President of CommandHub. "For users that deal with highly sensitive documents and data, there is no substitute."
To protect their private information, users place it inside the iFortress app's data vault. Documents and files can be imported from other apps or directly from iTunes. Users can create notes securely within the app using its built in note-taking tool. They can also take photos and place them directly in the vault.
For quick access, documents can be viewed from within the secure vault. iFortress supports a variety of document and image types, including text, PDF, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Keynote, and Pages documents. It also opens web pages (HTML files) and popular image types such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, and more. Secure files can be organized in folders for easier reference and retrieval. If needed notes, documents, or images can be emailed directly from iFortress.
Features of the iFortress app include:
* Enterprise-grade security - Users can protect private files in case their iPad or iPhone is lost or stolen with export certified AES-256 encryption using 10 to the power of 77 possible keys.
* Easy to use - To safeguard files users place them in the iFortress vault, which automatically encrypts and password protects them.
* Supports variety of files - View many popular types of documents and images from within iFortress, including Microsoft Office files.
* Secure notes and photos - Users can write notes inside iFortress with a familiar note-taking tool. Plus, they can take pictures and store them securely.
* Document management - Import files from apps such as iTunes, store them in folders, and email or share documents.
* Personal organization - Users can organize files and notes in folder structures that suit their personal requirements.
* iPhone (3GS, 4 or 4S), iPod touch (3rd or 4th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and availability:
iFortress 1.0.1 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Business category for $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request.
CommandHub specializes in creating solutions that are feature-packed, easy-to-use and built on hardened enterprise-grade security policies. The apps that CommandHub has created, based on patented technology, are used in both small and large scale enterprise environments and can also be used by security conscious individuals who are keen to protect their sensitive data and documents. Copyright (C) 2011 CommandHub. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.