December 9, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Chengdu, China - Tap4Fun today is excited to release an update to their newest mobile game: Galaxy Empire. Version 1.1 is out and includes new buildings, units, updated technologies, an early warning system as well as bug fixes. Galaxy Empire has already reached over a hundred thousand downloads and has more then twenty-five thousand users online. Built natively on the iPhone and iPad, tens of thousands of players from around the world can play together online. Set in space, Galaxy Empire combines beautiful visuals, tranquil space themed music, and smooth interactions to immerse players in their galactic adventure.
Galaxy Empire gives players the ability to establish and manage multiple colonies, find and collect resources from across the galaxy, research different technologies, and construct their own space fleet. Players can create or join an alliance in order to help each other or conquer new systems. Together, players can engage in epic battles against other players and alliances. A world chat, alliance chat, and mail system allows players to communicate with ease and coordinate strategies.
Galaxy Empire 1.1 Update:
Galaxy Empire features a new early warning system and new building: Radar Facility. Planets with the new radar facility will now be warned when an enemy fleet is approaching. The higher the building level, the more attacking fleets you can detect. Upgrading the Espionage Technology will effect how early the warning arrives. When a planet does not have enough energy, the Radar Facility will shut down. Additionally, the Solar system view shows more information on planets within it. Planets that have recent fleet activity will now have a green circle beside their name:
* Added Galaxy News
* Added abandon planet ability
* Added stronger defense unit: MK2 Cannon
* Changed planet size calculations, planet sizes now increased by 15
* Update Commander's ability to allow 2 simultaneous building constructions. All users will receive Commander for 1 free month
* Update Engineer Commander's ability: Now after losing a battle, defense installations will be reduced by 50%
* Energy Technology now will affect the Fusion Reactor
* Alliances size limit has been changed to 50
* Exploration system updated
* Added a refresh button to update player information
* Moderator chat is now highlighted
* Added Traditional Chinese support
* Updated App Icon
* Expanded players attack range
* Fixed crash bug.
* Fixed Task 16 reappearance bug
* Fixed Alliance name restriction bug
Tap4Fun plans to provide continual updates and new content to both Galaxy Empire and Island Empire, thanks to a dedicated and talented team.
* US English, Chinese and Japanese
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 17.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Galaxy Empire 1.1 free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Also available in HD for iPad.
Based in Chengdu, China, Tap4Fun is a mobile game development studio focused on creating online games for the mobile platform. Creator of Island Empire and Galaxy Empire, Tap4Fun is developing games that amuses and entertains players from around the world, bringing social interaction and connecting friends. Copyright (C) 2011 Tap4Fun. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.