November 24, 2008 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Bjango is proud to introduce Darkness 1.2, an advanced world clock with some unique and interesting features. Darkness lets you see the current moon phase, the next 3 major moon phases, time for sunrise, noon, sunset, moonrise and moonset for any city in the world.
Darkness features a huge database of well over 8500 cities and 180 countries. Custom cities can be added in the unlikely event that you can't find what you're after. If you do enter a custom city, it can be sent to Bjango for inclusion in a future version of Darkness.
A special 'Current Location' city can also be used, which will track your position dynamically using GPS, giving you sunrise, sunset and other information for exactly wherever you may be.
Everything Darkness needs is stored in the app itself, so no internet connection is required.
Darkness is now localized for German and partially localized for several other languages, including French and Spanish, with more languages to follow in future versions.
What's new in version 1.2:
* Added "Current Location" city that uses your current location from GPS.
* Added 6000 new cities (over 8500 in total now).
* Fixed timezone bugs with several cities.
* Added editing of custom cities.
* Added German localization.
* Added partial localization for French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Dutch, Portguese, Russian, Spanish.
* Updated moon images.
* Improved accuracy of moon phase calculations.
* Now shows exact time of moon phases.
* US English, UK English, German. Partial localization for French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Dutch, Portguese, Russian, and Spanish.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Darkness 1.2 for iPhone and iPod Touch is only $1.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Located in sunny Melbourne, Australia, Bjango is a privately funded company founded in 2008 by Marc Edwards. Bjango (pronounced be-jan-go) is a new venture from part of the team that created iStat pro, iStat menus, Organized and quite a few other successful donationware apps and widgets under the moniker of iSlayer. Bjango currently has 4 iPhone apps on the App Store, with many more to come. iSlayer was formed in early June 2005. Bjango has been working on iPhone apps since the release of the iPhone SDK. Copyright 2008 Bjango. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.