December 15, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Moscow, Russian Federation - Ilya Platonov releases his first iPhone app, ComedyDevice, a tool for face-to-face communication. It is designed to be used in various ways and there still more to discover. How can that be? Let's see. ComedyDevice can work in Manual or Automatic mode. It's best to review those modes apart.
In Manual mode you can stress any spoken phrases with Sitcom Laughter and other effects by pushing the vivid Big Round Buttons (see Screenshot #1). As adopted at TV studios, during the SFX playing appears a display board that urge your audience to show corresponding emotion (see Screenshot #2). You can interrupt playing by touching that display board.
Buttons are present in pairs, opposite/complementary in meaning.
Available pairs are:
* Laugh/Boo - basic sitcom effects.
* Applause/Whistles - useful for commenting on other's words.
* Yes/No - useful when you don't want to strain your vocal cords speaking to someone, so you can give answers with your iPhone instead.
* Drumroll/Crash - useful to dramatize situation with classic circus drumroll-crash sequence.
In Automatic mode ComedyDevice listens to your conversations and applies effects all by itself when the buzz level exceeds the threshold (actually, there's more sophisticated algorithm, but basically it's right). When the sensitivity threshold level is well adjusted, ComedyDevice will react to spoken words in a very natural human-like way.
Upon entering the Automatic mode there appears a new set of controls - Buzz-o-meter Dial and Sensitivity Control Knob (see Screenshot #3). Sensitivity threshold level can be adjusted in convenient visual way by rotating the Knob and watching the readings of the Dial. The next step is to activate automatic operation of ComedyDevice and enjoy.
Automatic behavior for various pairs slightly differs:
* Laugh/Boo - just laughs and booes according to your speaking with Laugh effect is more frequent.
* So are Applause/Whistles - with Applause is more frequent.
* Yes/No - works as some sort of decision making machine or digital oracle that will answer your questions.
* Drumroll/Crash - will produce drumroll-crash sequence timing it according to your speaking.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 15.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ComedyDevice 1.1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Ilya Platonov is an individual entrepreneur. Copyright (C) 2011 Ilya Platonov. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.