December 19, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - WinterSpark today is please to announce our iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches are the perfect Christmas companions, thanks to the hundreds of holiday-themed apps in the App Store. With that many app choices it can be hard to separate the naughty from the nice, so we've come up with a list of the top ten must-have Christmas apps. There's something for everyone here, from jingle-bell humming Christmas elves to holiday hating grinches.
* Winterspark ($0.99) - After a long day of holiday shopping, it's nice to come home and unwind in front of a roaring fire. Unfortunately, many of us apartment dwellers lack a fireplace, and that's where Winterspark comes in. This universal Yule Log app replicates the soothing lull of a roaring wood fire, while beautiful holiday music plays in the background. It's the perfect party companion, and it's great for a romantic night in too. Set it up on a chilly winter night, grab a drink, and relax while you watch the flames. The app features an entire soundtrack of your favorite holiday songs performed by a talented pianist. It's worth the download for the music alone, but the mesmerizing flames filmed in high definition and the polished interface make this one holiday app you won't want to pass up.
* The Christmas List ($0.99) - Love it or hate it, shopping for holiday gifts is a chore. With more than a few people on your Christmas list, it can be difficult to keep gift ideas, prices, and purchases organized. With The Christmas List, you can set a budget and keep track of what you've spent for each person on your holiday gift list. You'll know exactly what to purchase from every store you visit and your time at the mall will be kept at a minimum. That means more time at home with the cookies and a nice, cold glass of rum-enhanced egg nog!
* A Charlie Brown Christmas ($6.99) - Charlie Brown has been a classic Christmas character since the animated holiday special first aired in 1965. This storybook version of the animated TV special is narrated by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown. It features both classic and original dialogue, plus digitally remastered illustrations, animation, and music. There's also all new interactive elements on every page - Play Schroeder's piano, go caroling with the choir, and decorate your very own iconic Charlie Brown christmas tree.
* Naughty Meter ($0.99) - Have a child that refuses to eat his vegetables or finish his homework? Or maybe a husband that hasn't done the vacuuming this week? Get the Naughty Meter, which takes a photo, scans it, and determines who's been naughty or nice. The Naughty Meter knows if you're bad or good, and sends the report directly to Santa! Just kidding. But your children don't know that, so you can bet they'll be on their best behavior after they find out they're on Santa's naughty list. With this app, you'll have perfect little angels this holiday season.
* Santa Booth ($0.99) - With Santa Booth, you can turn your friends and family into jolly-eyed rosy-cheeked bearded Santa Clauses, complete with fuzzy red hats and wire spectacles. This whimsical app will turn anyone into an authentic Santa, Mrs. Claus, Elf, or Reindeer. It's the perfect app for a bit of holiday fun!
* How the Grinch Stole Christmas ($3.99) - This classic book by legendary children's author Dr. Seuss is now available in an interactive version on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. The app features professional narration, background audio, and enhanced artwork. This Christmas story is great for those present-stealing Jingle Bell hating grinches out there who need to be reminded of the true meaning of the holiday.
* Kick the Buddy Episodes ($0.99) - Kick the Buddy is another app for you Christmas miscreants. Hate shopping? Tired of the smell of chestnuts roasting? Fed up with sugarplums and stockings? Get this app for a little holiday stress relief. Hit jolly old Saint Nick with rockets, fireworks, Christmas trees, icicles, or blizzards and watch him fly.
* Tell Santa Claus ($0.99) - Knock on Santa's door and find a wondrous Christmas world of dancing, music, and tons of fun. Use this app to find out everyone's Christmas wishes. Kids, grandparents, and everybody in between will love this whimsical app. Just turn it on, hand it over, and the recipient will have a conversation with Santa that secretly records everything said. It's a sneaky way to get gift ideas and a great way to spread holiday cheer.
* Christmas Jukebox ($1.99) - Just in case you haven't heard enough Christmas music in the car and at every store you visit, this kid-friendly app has plenty more. Your kids will have a blast playing their favorite Christmas tunes with the push of a festive button. The app includes Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty the Snowman, Deck the Halls, Let it Snow, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Make sure you invest in some ear plugs to go along with this noisy but fun app, because your kids will be playing these cheery songs time and time again.
* Doodle Jump Christmas Special ($0.99) - Take a break from the baking and the wrapping to indulge in some addictive amusement with this Christmas version of the hit game Doodle Jump. Leap all the way to the North Pole while facing all new challenges, paths, and monsters. Watch out for the chill-breath monster, who will turn you into a hunk of frozen liquid and unceremoniously end your game. This app is the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit while having a little mindless fun.
Located in New York, New York, WinterSpark is a new project by David J. Hahn and K629 Design. Copyright (C) 2011 David J. Hahn. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.