December 3, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Helium Foot Software is proud to announce Highbrow 1.0 Public Beta, their Mac web browser management utility. Highbrow enables anyone to utilize each installed web browser more effectively on the Mac by eliminating the annoyances that arise from using multiple web browsers. With Highbrow, the user can select any of three separate behaviors.
1. Users can easily switch the system-wide web browser via the Highbrow menu in the Mac's menubar.
2. Highbrow can change the browser on the fly as the user shifts between web browsers.
3. Highbrow can ask users which browser to use each time they click a link via an unintrusive heads-up display.
Highbrow can automatically check for updates.
* US English
* Requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC & Intel
* 2.5 MB Hard Drive Space
Pricing and Availability:
Highbrow v1.0 public beta is free, and is available until December 15th, 2008. On December 15th, Highbrow v1.0 will be available for purchase from the Helium Foot Software store for the introductory price of $12 (USD). A free 21-day demo will also be available for download.
Based in in Chicago, Illinois, Helium Foot Software was founded by Keith Alperin in 2007. As an independent software developer specializing in power tools for power users, Helium Foot Software is guided by the principle that easy-to-use applications can make any Mac more agile, more powerful and more fun. Helium Foot Software's products include MercuryMover and Highbrow. Copyright 2001 - 2007 Helium Foot Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.