December 5, 2008 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Traverse City, Michigan - MacUpdate is celebrating the holidays this year with a software bundle that delivers great value and appeal to every Mac user. The 2008 Holiday Bundle features $450 worth of applications for just $49.99 and is available through December 18. Buyers receive all 10 bundled applications immediately, and a new gifting system makes it easy to purchase copies for friends and family. In addition, buyers who purchase or gift three bundles receive a fourth bundle, free!
Included in the bundle:
* Drive Genius 2 ($99): Currently the highest-rated disk utility on the market and used by Mac Geniuses at Apple Stores, Drive Genius diagnoses and repairs problems with your hard drive, optimizes your system, and much more. Buyers will receive a link to download a bootable DVD image of the software to burn, which can be used to boot and fix any Mac that can run Mac OS X 10.5, including Apple's newest laptops.
Notable Mentions: MacLife Editor's Choice pick (July 2008), 2008 MacUser Labs winner against competing disk utilities, Macworld UK Editor's Choice (5/5 rating), "Excellent" rating from ATPM
* DefaultFolder X 4 ($34.95): Fly through Open & Save dialog boxes at lightning speed.
Notable Mentions: 4.5/5 rating from Macworld, 5/5 rating from MacUser UK, and numerous other awards
* VirusBarrier X 10.5 ($69.95): Fast, simple, and non-intrusive anti-virus software for your Mac and iPhone
Notable Mentions: 4.5/5 rating from Macworld in July 2008, which called it "the gold standard"
* RapidWeaver 4 ($79): Create powerful, professional-looking Web sites quickly and easily.
Notable Mentions: 2008 Macworld Editor's Choice pick (5/5 rating), 4.5/5 rating from MacFormat magazine
* MacGourmet Deluxe ($44.95): Like iTunes for food, track recipes, plan meals, manage wines, and more.
Notable Mentions: 4/5 rating by MacLife magazine
* LittleSnitch 2 ($29.95): Monitors your network connection to make sure your Mac only sends out what you want it to.
Notable Mentions: 4.5/5 rating by Macworld, 5/5 rating by MacUser UK
* KeyCue 4 ($27): Displays full keyboard shortcuts for all your applications; learn them and work faster.
Notable Mentions: 4.5/5 rating by Macworld, 5/5 rating by MacNotes
* MacPilot 3 ($19.95): Access hundreds of hidden features to customize and improve your Mac OS X experience.
Notable Mentions: 5/5 rating by MacCompanion magazine, 4/5 rating by Macworld UK
* WhatSize 4 ($12.99): Effortlessly identify files that are hogging disk space and that you don't need anymore.
Notable Mentions: 4/5 rating by Macworld, prominently mentioned in the latest issue of MacFormat magazine
* iVolume 3 ($29.95): Ensures all your iTunes tracks play back at the same level, so you never have to adjust the volume individually.
"We're excited to be delivering this award-winning bundle of applications to Mac users this holiday," said Nate Houle, coordinator of MacUpdate Promo. "Our developer partners understand that value counts more than ever during this time of year, and both novices and experts will be able to get a lot more out of their Macs with this collection of software."
Pricing and Availability:
The MacUpdate Holiday Bundle is available for $49.99 exclusively from MacUpdate Promo.
MacUpdate was founded in 1997 and has since become the leading Mac software site on the Web. The site remains independently owned and operated and represents one of the largest Apple communities online. MacUpdate Promo was launched in 2006 and delivers 24-hour daily software deals and periodic bundles.