December 8, 2008 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today introduced Dragoman 1.6, an update to its file converter for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. Dragoman converts images, photos, PDFs, music files and text documents with a lightweight drag and drop interface. The new version offers more image conversion options, in particular setting the DPI print resolution and selecting the resolution of Kodak PCD photos.
Setting the DPI print resolution:
New in this version is the ability to set the print resolution in dots-per-inch (DPI) of converted images and photos. This allows graphic designers and digital photographers to batch prepare a large set of images and photos for printing.
Selecting Kodak PCD resolution:
Although Kodak has discontinued support for the PCD format, it remains in widespread use. "We saw a lot of demand for a feature that would allow users to extract a specific resolution of the six resolutions contained in a PCD photo," explains Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operational Officer at Dare to be Creative.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts images, photos, music and audio files, text documents and archives
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles raw digital camera formats: Adobe Digital Negative (dng), Photo CD (pcd), Canon Digital Camera Raw Image Format (crw, cr2), Kodak Digital Camera Raw Image File (dcr), Sony (Minolta) Raw Image File (mrw), Nikon Digital SLR Camera Raw Image File (nef), Olympus Digital Camera Raw Image File (orf), Fuji CCD-RAW Graphic File (raf), Sony ARW, Pextra PEF, Kodak Flashpix
* Converts text documents: simple Microsoft Word documents (doc), HTML, Rich Text Format (RTF), plain text, Safari Webarchives, Microsoft Word XML
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: iTunes native MP4 (mp4, m4a), MP3 (read-only), Ogg, Vorbis, FLAC, AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Powerful image conversion options such as setting the JPEG output quality, selecting a Kodak PCD resolution and changing the DPI print resolution
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $30 (USD), and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 15-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free update for registered Dragoman users.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) Yum, a recipe manager, c) iCombiner, an image merge tool, d) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, e) ResizeMe, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, f) Dragoman, a batch file converter, and g) Sponge, a system clean and optimize tool. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved.