December 13, 2008 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] Milan, Italy - Tension Software announces Cronette 1.0.1 for Mac OS X. Cronette it's a software to specify tasks to be launched automatically by the Mac. It can be used on unattended Mac Servers or also on regular Mac workstations for tasks to execute during the night or for recurring tasks to be performed on a regular basis. It provides different type of launch tasks and any task can be specified to launch different type of execution.
How it works in details:
* All the tasks inside Cronette are rapresented in a table. The task is visualized in a master and details interface (the well know layout used in a multitude of Mac software, the user selects the task in the master table and he can see and edit details visualized under the table)
* User can insert in a document how many tasks he likes
* User can assign to a task a name and a note to recognize it
The user can select for a task to run, different plan type
* Weekly: specifying which day of any week to run it and up to 10 times per day
* Montly: specifing which day of any month to run it and up to 10 times per day
* Yearly: specifying month, day and up to 10 times per day to run it
The user can select wich action to perform when the task is launched
* Select a document or a application or a script to launch using a selection dialog (no error digiting a file path by hands)
* Opening different type of URL
* Execute different action such as restarting, shutting down, sleeping or just sending a message to the log
* Executing a unix command directly from CronetteCronette will launch the tasks in background when scheduled. No further actions required
Cronette add to basic functionalities additional peculiarities
* Allows to specify a task using Mac standard Cocoa controls (no coding required)
* Instant diagnostic of task as they are inserted, showing errors presence (wrong path, incomplete time execution input and so on..)
* Display of 'runnable' task and 'non runnable' task to better understand what you have inside documents
* Shows the chronological schedule for any separate task
* Shows the chronological schedule for all the tasks combined, inside a user selected time interval. The user can watch the future...
* Display executed process in a separate log Window for any documents
* It's document based, allowing to have different tasks grouped in separate documents set
* Can operate Cronette as a Utility tool simply using just one document and having it opened at startup without further actions (preference option)
Cronette was written from scratch in Objective-C using the last technology for OS X. It is fast, effective and very light to run on any Mac.
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac.