January 21, 2012 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - Raj Bains today is pleased to announce that the popular iOS productivity app Doozy has received a major update to version 2.0. Doozy, a play on the words "Do" and "See," is to task management what a chalkboard or whiteboard is to brainstorming. By transforming tasks and events into interactive icons, Doozy literally *shows* users what they need to do.
The visual focus isn't a gimmick. Beneath the unique concept and beautifully-detailed interface, Doozy's powerful feature set can go head-to-head with even the most expensive task managers on the market. Along with standard features like priority-sorted lists and notes, Doozy can do everything from tracking and graphing weight loss (or any other number) over time to displaying RSS/XML feeds to showing you the weather forecast. Best of all, Doozy looks and works how users want it to, with unmatched customizability and flexibility.
Version 2.0 adds dozens of new features, including syncing across devices, reminder alerts up to a week before an event, various time-saving features, and a complete interface revamp.
* Sync, backup and restore via Dropbox
* Priority-sorted lists
* Notes which can be emailed
* RSS/XML feed tracking
* Tracking of numbers, completion, progress, bodybuilding sets/reps/weight
* Statistics, with bar, line and pie graphs of tracked data
* Configurable alerts/notifications for each event. Receive up to 2 reminders anywhere from the time of the event to a week beforehand
* Variety of time-saving features such as Quick Add/Edit/Move/Delete
* Extensive focus on visual cues and feedback, with options to change the color and appearance of just about everything
* Highly-flexible event types and frequencies. Daily, multiple days of the week, monthly, yearly - even ordinal events, such as "the second Tuesday of November." Combine those frequencies with the "Every Other" toggle for even more flexibility
* Multiple calendars with color themes
* Weather conditions/forecasts for as many locations as you'd like
* PCMag/AppScout - "The events, lists, tasks, and graphs are displayed in a way that make you want to be more productive, just so you can interact with Doozy."
* AppAdvice - "With Doozy's ubiquitous use of color and flexibility, you need never forget an important event, birthday or anniversary again." (4.5 stars)
* AppFresh Daily - "One of the top apps for August 6, 2011."
* TiPb - Among "the most interesting, the most notable, and simply the most awesome" apps for August 11.
* App Store - Featured as "New and Noteworthy."
* "Great app ... it's really versatile. Feels like you're designing your own app - you can customize everything."
* "Most Entertaining Task Manager ... This visual system for managing tasks works better for me than the usual lists."
* "Great service, Great app!"
* "Great app for any use!!!"
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* iOS 3.2 or later required for Quick Edit feature
* iOS 4.0 or later required for Reminder Alerts
* 4.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Doozy 2.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Based in California, Raj Bains is an independent developer with a strong focus on unique and innovative software and interface design for iOS and Mac OS. All Material and Software (C) 2009-2012 Manraj Bains All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.