January 23, 2012 in Seminars and Events (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, CA / Boston, MA - The agenda has now been set for the Eleventh Annual San Francisco SuperMeet, to take place on Friday, January 27, 2012 at the UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, CA. Affordable educational SuperMeet Workshops will take place during the day beginning at 10:00AM. Doors to the SuperMeet open at 3:30PM and presentations begin at 7:00PM and continue until 11:00PM. Tickets for the SuperMeet are on sale online for $15.00 each plus ticket fee and $10.00 for students and teachers.They will be $20.00 at the door. It is expected this SuperMeet will sell out as historically every SuperMeet sells out.
Scheduled to appear on stage (subject to change):
* Canon USA will feature ALEX BUONO, one of Canon's Explorers of Light and 12-year veteran Director of Photography for NBC's Saturday Night Live Film Unit. Alex will take the stage for an engaging show and tell utilizing Canon's 5D Mark II and 7D cameras as well as the new Canon EOS C300. Alex will also screen his work, including the network debut of the Canon EOS C300 - an SNL parody commercial, Chantix.
* Director of Photography and Editor Curt Pair will share the pitfalls he avoided during the production of "Taken," for the A&E network, by using the "one tool he could not live without," the Matrox MXO2 LE.
* Knowing which tool is right for the job at hand is crucial. Adobe's Al Mooney will give a brief presentation on how to "accelerate your workflow with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.
* DigitalFilm Tree's CEO Ramy Katrib will present the World Premiere of a powerful mobile application that provides visual storytellers a platform to view, comment, and creatively collaborate on an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
* Filmmaker Jesse Rosten will screen his new video "Fotoshop," which recently and after only one week, accumulated over three million plays on Vimeo.com
* Technologist, editor and industry pundit Philip Hodgetts will take a look into the future of post production and production and tell us what we need to do to prepare for these changes.
Rounding out the evening will be the always wild and crazy "World Famous Raffle" with close to $35,000 worth of filmmaker-related prizes to be handed out to dozens of lucky winners including an AJA Io XT Thunderbolt, 3 copies of Blackmagic Design Resolve, NLE software, an MXO LE MAX from Matrox, hard drives, plug-ins and much, much more.
Doors will open at 3:30PM with the SuperMeet Digital Showcase featuring over 25 software and hardware developers including Canon, Matrox, Blackmagic Design, Adobe, DigitalFilm Tree, Light Iron, AJA, Avid, Atomos, Keycode Media, Noise Industries, Artbeats, Drobo, Cutting Edge, FFV, Flolight, Focal Press, G-Tech, Genarts, HHH, Irudis, Marshall, Maxon, Peachpit, Pixelflow, Promise, Red Rock Micro, TiffenDfx and more. Here, attendees can enjoy a few cocktails, network and party with industry peers, talk one on one with leading manufacturers and learn about the latest trends in collaborative editing workflows for post production and broadcast markets.
A highlight of the Digital Showcase is "Open Screen Theater," hosted by the SFCutters. Filmmakers and digital content creators wanting to "Get Seen" will have a 10 minute chance to do so in an informal, collaborative setting. The producers want those who are shooting with HDSLRS, camcorders, iPhones and anything that makes video to screen their content and interact. Just show up and sign up, get up and show off. Sign-ups begin when the doors open and are open only to SuperMeet ticket holders.
In addition, affordable educational SuperMeet Workshops will be offered during the day, beginning at 10:00AM. Each of the twelve 90 minute workshops, sponsored by Canon, Adobe, Blackmagic Design and Light Iron will repeat in three sessions during the day to cover all one needs to know about the respective companies' hardware and software solutions, including DSLR and Digital Cinema cameras, HDSLR workflow, color grading, and the present state and future of Digital Cinema and it's impact on all content creators. Blackmagic Design has promised to give away a copy of DaVinci Resolve (value $995) at each of its three sessions.
To purchase tickets and for complete details on the SuperMeet, SuperMeet workshops as well as driving and transit directions, a current list of raffle prizes and details on the Open Screen Theater visit SuperMeet online.
SuperMeets are gatherings of Final Cut, Adobe, Avid, Autodesk, editors, gurus, digital creatives and filmmakers from throughout the world who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows. SuperMeets started as a grassroots movement to connect Apple FCP Editors at a local level. Now in its 11th year, the producers behind the SuperMeet have harnessed the energy of local chapters globally and turned SuperMeets into the industry's most influential user-organized series of global events. SuperMeets are held annually in San Francisco, Las Vegas, London, Amsterdam and Boston. The SuperMeet agenda usually includes local and industry filmmaker show and tells, digital video tips and tricks and user-driven workflows and world premiere announcements of new hardware and software. Also featured is the SuperMeet Digital Showcase with vendors and small developers providing workflow solutions and an Open Screen Theater for digital filmmakers and content creators to network, screen content and collaborate.