January 25, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] SachManya, the creators of KiteReaders interactive eBooks and apps for children - a Macworld 2010 Best of Show winner - and Little Pickle Press, an award-winning 21st century publisher of children's media, today launch "Being Global," a multimedia storybook and activity set that helps parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people with a Macworld iWorld special price of $1.99 (50% off regular price) from January 26th to January 28th 2012.
"Being Global" is a bilingual storybook and activity app based on the award-winning children's book, What Does It Mean to be Global?, published by Little Pickle Press. While the book is a celebration of ethnic and cultural diversity, the mobile app makes this celebration interactive - with several activities that encourage children to explore, appreciate, and respect other traditions, religions, and values.
"Being Global" is also a helpful teaching tool with easy-to-follow predesigned lesson plans that help educators with reading, writing, geography, and history lessons. The app is available on Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market, Barnes & Noble Nook Apps, and Amazon's App Store.
Salient app features include:
* Award-winning content in English and Spanish (for ages four and up):
* What Does It Mean To Be Global? has won several publishing industry awards
* Storybook available in Read To Me and Touch & Read formats
* Read To Me includes word highlighting in sync with the voice narration, which helps children with the pronunciation and spelling of new words
* More than 50 animations and touch-based interactions that complement the key educational concepts within the book
* A handsome journal activity for kids to write, illustrate and share their own global experience - a great classroom activity
* Touch-based quiz game that demonstrates how to say "hello" in multiple languages
* Lesson plans developed by distinguished Early Childhood Educators
"Being Global" will be available for preview on the First Look walls and has been nominated for 2012 Macworld Best of Show. You may download the app at bit.ly/LPPBeingGlobal. If you stop by SachManya's Booth #818-51 and demonstrate that you have purchased the app, you will receive a free What Does It Mean To Be Global? poster printed on TerraSkin (tree-free) paper!
About Little Pickle Press:
Little Pickle Press is dedicated to helping parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people by stimulating explorations of the meaningful topics of their generation through a variety of media, technologies, and techniques.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 65.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Be Global 3.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
SachManya, the creators of KiteReaders apps and ebooks, develops fun, educational and interactive children's multi-media book apps and ebooks in partnership with children's book publishers and authors. Apple, Google, Sony, Barnes and Noble and Amazon have featured several of KiteReaders' children's apps and eBooks within their respective digital stores. Copyright (C) 2012 SachManya & KiteReaders. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.