May 9, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR RELEASE MAY 8, 2007 (ANY TIME)
San Francisco, CA -- May 9, 2007 -- SmileOnMyMac has released PageSender 4, a new version of its top-rated fax software for Mac OS X. Major new features include spam filtering, PDF cover pages, direct lookup in Address Book, and fax preview.
PageSender 4 costs $39.95. Registered users of previous versions can upgrade for $20. Upgrades are free to those who purchased PageSender after January 1, 2007. A fully-functioning demo version is available at http://www.smileonmymac.com/pagesender/download.html. Mac OS X 10.4 is required.
With fax spam filtering, PageSender 4 users will be able to block incoming faxes via a list of blocked station names. There are options to treat faxes with blank station names as spam and to hang up immediately when a spam fax is detected.
PageSender now features a selection of fax cover pages for business and personal uses. In addition, users can easily design custom fax cover pages in PDF or rich text (RTFD) formats.
SmileOnMyMac recently celebrated the fifth anniversary of PageSender's launch. The application continues to be popular, according to Greg Scown, co-founder of SmileOnMyMac and PageSender's lead developer. "PageSender fits in well with the modern office, as it archives faxes electronically and can turn around faxes without printing," said Scown.
What's new in PageSender 4:
- Spam fax filtering
- PDF cover pages
- Direct lookup in Address Book (no launching)
- Preview faxes in PageSender Fax Center
- Preview cover page in print dialog
- More space for cover message in print dialog
- Font and style support for cover message
- Enhanced performance with Printer Sharing
- Improved PageSender Fax Center user interface
- Send faxes and (PDF) emails directly from the print dialog
- Receive faxes using your fax modem
- Print, Email, and even AppleScript received faxes
- Use with any popular address book or Email client
- Live addressing with Address Book, Entourage, Now Contact (4.2.5 and later), Outlook Express, and Palm Desktop (4.1 and later)
- Attach additional PDF documents when faxing
- Use any font on your system (including Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
- Send faxes easily via eFax, jConnect, EasyLink, or MaxEmail services
- Automate sending of faxes and (PDF) Emails via AppleScript
- Available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French
- PageSender 4.0 requires Mac OS X 10.4 and above
$39.95; Upgrades for registered users of previous versions: $20
(Free upgrade for purchases made after January 1, 2007)
Site licenses and volume pricing are available at reasonable rates. Contact email@example.com for information and rates.
SmileOnMyMac makes creative productivity software, such as DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program; PageSender, feature-rich fax software that also received an Eddy; PDFpen, the PDF editing tool that garnered 4 mice from Macworld; TextExpander, the popular typing shortcut utility; and BrowseBack, the visual web history tool that won Best of Show at Macworld 2006. All SmileOnMyMac products are available to download free at http://www.smileonmymac.com.