January 31, 2012 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Inkstone Software today is pleased to announce MegaReader 2.5 for iOS, a major update to their best-selling, universal, ebook reader app, optimized for display of text and graphics on all iDevices. The recipient of glowing reviews, the app provides easy access to more than two million free, online books. The app allows customization of nearly every display and operational parameter, including page layout, typeface, type size, colors, margins, leading, page turns, etc. And this update adds support for bi-directional iTunes File Sharing, enabling the maintenance of large, computer based libraries, as well as the capability of storing more than 2,500 books on the iDevice inside the app's built-in Library. Despite greatly expanded import, export, and storage capacities, there has been no decline whatsoever in the app's startup speeds and reading/display performance.
Many readers looking for an alternative to the popular Stanza ebook reader, apparently no longer supported on iOS since its acquisition by Amazon, have turned to MegaReader for its high level of customization and access to Calibre and free online book catalogs, such as: Feedbooks, Gutenberg, Baen, and the Internet Archive. With the current upgrade, MegaReader allows readers to easily transfer files in to and out of MegaReader using iTunes on their PC or Mac. Furthermore, to help organize these large sets of books, a hierarchical author view has been added, allowing users to quickly find books by author, title, or most recently viewed. "Not only does MegaReader bring you the biggest free library to your device, it also does a fantastic job of looking pretty while you read. The layout is simple but well put together, and I love all the options for customization." - AppSafari Rating: 5/5
A universal app, optimized for both Retina displays and screens of all sizes, MegaReader is a product of Inkstone Software, specialists in reading apps, and known internationally for their QuickReader and eBook Search apps. "If there's an app that offers more ebook bang for the buck, I haven't found it." - CNET Reviews, iPhone Atlas
* Change the look of your ebook with thousands of color choices for both pages and text, plus 19 predefined color schemes
* Control margins, columns (on iPad), hundreds of fonts and font sizes, line spacing, portrait or landscape orientation, and right justify or ragged right
* Search by book or author, browse categories or take advice from others and read recommendations and reviews - you'll easily find your next great read and download it in seconds
* Swipe gesture control to quickly change the brightness
* 8 configurable tap-zones on the reading screen, so you can read the way you want to read, controlling page turns, menus, rotation lock, etc.
* Import your personal library of ebooks using the Calibre application to organize, save, and manage all your personal library of ebooks
* Export books to iBooks and Kindle or email them to yourself and your friends
* Includes 26 great books to get you started, including Siddhartha, The Art of War, Tao Te Ching, Sherlock Holmes, The Art of Public Speaking, and Kahil Gibran's The Prophet
* Speed Test lets you see how quickly you're reading, timing your reading speed while you read
* MegaReader computes how long it will take you to finish reading a chapter - perfect when you want to know if you've got time for just one more chapter
* Walk n' Read Heads-Up Display technology allows you to look through a book while you read a book
* By using the iPhone's built-in camera, you can walk safely down the street reading a book, but still see where you're going, because the page behind the text is a live video view of what's ahead
"There is no ebook reader in the App Store with so many customizable options, such a clear display on all iDevices, and with the ability to easily store, export, and import large libraries," stated Patrick Thompson of Inkstone Software.
* U.S. English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 12.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MegaReader 2.5 - 2+ Million FREE Books is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies available on request.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the Inkstone Software team is an independent software development company found by Patrick Thompson. With their strong blend of design and development skills, Inkstone's passion is to craft elegant, easy-to-use applications for iOS devices. Copyright (C) 2012 Inkstone Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.