December 18, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Neptune Beach, FL - Tropical Software, Inc. has released the latest version of TopXNotes, our modern note pad for Mac OS X loaded with handy features. TopXNotes 1.4.0 is now better than ever. The biggest change is that we have merged TopXNotes iPod's features into TopXNotes.
If you had either, your serial number will still work with this new version and you get our wildly popular iPod features. We have also added one of our most requested features - Spell Checking. There is now also an option to insert the date and time, and we have made several changes to make notes easier to navigate, as well as some changes to make secure notes even more secure.
What's new in this version:
This "unity" version has significant changes so it honors all previous serial numbers for TopXNotes and TopXNotes iPod. TopXNotes iPod is now TopXNotes. TopXNotes now contains all iPod features formerly found in TopXNotes iPod.
* Spell Checking
* Insert Date/Time
* Note Info (formerly called Note Settings) now contains notation to make locating a note hiding in a Group hierarchy easier by displayed note path in * Group hierarchy (in blue)
* Note Info now contains "Number of lines" and "Number of characters" (text color green)
* Keyboard shortcuts for View to View navigation
* iPod and QuickNotes Categories no longer trigger the "Multiple" label, but still work as expected in the Category tab of the NoteOrganizer
* New Spell Checking preference in the Note panel
* Double entry required for all passwords
* Preference option to show passwords as typed. The preference only applies to a New Note when it is created. It is not tied to the menu item Check "Spelling as you type".
cmd+P remapped to print current note, not print all notes
* "Note Settings" menu item renamed "Note Info" with a "cmd+I" keyboard shortcut
* Minor change in note loading so a note will continue to be read even if a null character is present
* This version also will not require repeated serial number entry after free version updates.
* Fixed issue with deleting notes with names longer than 31 characters
TopXNotes has been awarded 4 out of 5 mice by Macworld magazine in their "Summer of Mac Gems" series of reviews and 9 of 10 by Macsimum News. TopXNotes was favored by the Macworld reviewer for its "clean, single window interface that puts controls for highlighting and marking up your text right at your fingertips," as well as its exclusive QuickNotes feature.
TopXNotes requires a PPC or Intel Macintosh computer running Mac OS 10.3.9 or higher. TopXNotes requires very little disk space (usually under 20 MB depending on the amount of notes stored). TopXNotes currently requires 20 MB of RAM. For iPod models that are supported for iPod export see our website.
Pricing and Availability:
TopXNotes 1.4 retails for $40.00 USD ($45 on CD).
Tropical's flagship products, TopXNotes and TopXNotes iPod, are Personal Note Management tools. Each emphasizes our dedication to providing easy to use and easy to learn to use Mac productivity tools.