February 6, 2012 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Ottawa, Canada - Listo, an iCloud powered list-making app for the whole family that keeps lists up-to-date on all your devices, is taking a giant leap forward in terms of accessibility with the introduction of integrated VoiceOver support.
Listo, a product of Ottawa-based SlippySoft Inc., is a simple, elegant list app for all iOS devices. Whether it's a shopping list, a to-do list, or a birthday wish list, Listo offers functionality and usability, with a clean interface. Lists can be private, or, using the iCloud feature, they can be shared amongst family members on their own iOS devices.
With VoiceOver usability improvements integrated into the apps recent update, Listo is also now fully usable by the unsighted.
"The app was useable before with VoiceOver turned on, but it was impossible to mark items as completed or not because the app's swipe gesture was overridden by VoiceOver," explains Derek Gour, owner of SlippySoft Inc., the maker of Listo. SlippySoft Inc. specializes in developing highly-functional, well-thought-out apps for the iPhone, iPad and Mac.
After receiving feedback from customers, Gour customized some behaviours for when VoiceOver is turned on, and now the app can be used completely blind.
Like many highly technological incarnations of low-tech functions, list-making apps vary wildly in quality and functionality. In addition to being accessible to the unsighted, Listo is one of only a few list-making apps that make use of iCloud integration. But what really sets Listo apart, according to Gour, is its simplicity.
"People really like the uncluttered, natural feel of the interface. It looks like paper, and when you swipe, items are crossed off. There is a great feeling of satisfaction that comes from crossing things off. Completed items fly to the bottom of the list. There aren't a bunch of extraneous features bogging it down, but at the same time, careful attention has been paid to every detail," Gour says.
"A list should be simple: Add items. Cross items out. And your list should be wherever you are, on whatever device is handy. Anything more than that is clutter."
* Create shared or unshared lists. Shared lists appear on all your devices
* Share and Unshare lists by tapping on the Cloud icon in the list
* Beautiful interface - natural look and feel
* Cross off completed items by swiping. Completed items fly to the bottom
* Tap to edit items
* Uncompleted count appears next to each list name
* Rearrange items
* Clear completed items
* Device tags for each item so you know who added it to the list
New Features in Listo 1.2:
* Tap-To-Edit - Items can now be edited by tapping on them
* Toggle Automatic Re-ordering of Completed Items - New Settings app panel allows you to customize list behaviour
Improvements in Listo 1.2:
* Improved VoiceOver support - Marking items as completed or uncompleted is much easier for those using VoiceOver technology, along with other similar improvements
* Long-Hold gesture to re-order list items - as an alternative to tapping the re-order list items button
* Improved iCloud Status Info
* Bug Fix - Shared lists were occasionally being incorrectly reported as removed by another user
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 1.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Listo 1.2 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. Listo Lite, a scaled down version of Listo, is available free of charge for those wishing to sample the product. For more information, and/or a promo code for Listo, please contact Derek Gour, President, SlippySoft - Really Useful Software.
SlippySoft Inc. is an Ottawa-based software development company that specializes in developing great apps for the iPhone, iPad and Mac, that are streamlined, intuitive, and visually appealing. It was founded in 2011 by rogue software developer Derek Gour, who was confounded by the many needlessly complicated apps on the market. Gour believes in creating apps that are simple and easy to use, but with meticulous attention to detail. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 SlippySoft Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.