December 18, 2008 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Victoria, B.C., Canada - Late Night Software Ltd. today announced the immediate availability of Script Debugger 4.5.1, an update to the latest version of its award-winning AppleScript authoring environment. The update now makes Script Debugger completely compatibility with Japanese systems, refines new features added to the recently released version 4.5, and addresses stability issues that came to light following its release. The update is free to registered Script Debugger 4.5 users.
"We don't retire the wrench once our software ships," says company president Mark Alldritt. "In striving to make Script Debugger the best tool for authoring AppleScripts, we continually work to improve features and functionality," he says.
* Adding a new preference to the Opening section of the General preferences panel to enable or disable the alert that appears when opening scripts that may cause the launch of other applications;
* the 'Paste as String Literal' command no longer escapes new line characters; and
* changing the constant 'running' to 'executing' in the scripting interface to avoid a conflict with AppleScript's 'running' property.
Maintenance issues addressed:
* An NSRangeException that could occur when inserting a new line before an unterminated string literal;
* a bug where an 'end' block was incorrectly inserted when a statement began with a word starting with the characters' 'on' (e.g. 'one'); and
* a problem where Script Debugger's evaluation tooltip could not be removed when switching to another using Command-Tab.
Script Debugger 4.5 requires the following hardware and software:
* G4 or G5 PowerPC or Intel processor is recommended
* 50MB free disk space
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later; Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later is recommended
Availability and Pricing
Script Debugger 4.5 sells for $199 (USD). The Script Debugger 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade sells for $49 (USD).
About Script Debugger
Script Debugger 4.5 is the premier AppleScript authoring environment. It provides everything you need to quickly and easily author AppleScripts that work. No other scripting tool can match Script Debugger's capabilities for creating, editing and debugging AppleScripts. Its sophisticated Dictionary browser provides far more information than any other tool can and eliminates guesswork and needless experimentation. Simply put, Script Debugger makes AppleScript easy.
Late Night Software Ltd., established in 1995, is a privately held company that specializes in the development of award-winning Macintosh scripting tools. Copyright 1995-2008 Late Night Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, AppleScript and Apple Automator are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.