February 7, 2012 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Newark, Delaware - The first interactive StoryApp iTinerary in the coming series by Time Traveler Tours is a fully bilingual voyage to Paris, France, during the French Revolution, told through they eyes of 24-year-old murderess Charlotte Corday in the moments before she is to have her head lopped off at the guillotine. Entitled Beware Madame la Guillotine, A Revolutionary Tour of Paris or Gare la guillotine, Une visite revolutionaire de Paris, depending on whether your device default language is English or French, it is now available worldwide on the App Store for USD5.99/4.99Euro, category: Travel [see link below].
As Charlotte spins her yarn, explaining why and how she stabbed radical propagandist Jean-Paul Marat while he soaked in the bath, she takes you on a personal journey into the sights and sounds of Paris at the time of the Revolution. Orientation games, scavenger hunts and brainteasers, as well as practical information such as maps, directions and sidebars - even a restaurant recommendation - make learning about one of the most seminal moments in history effortless and fun.
Listen to the narration in one language while reading along in another; or disable the text altogether and let Charlotte's story unfold. This app is certain to be a hit with French and English language learners, story lovers and history buffs the world over.
Beware Madame la Guillotine is already a favorite of teachers and librarians, whether or not they are planning a trip to Paris. The English-only version of the app launched in July 2011 to rave reviews [see links below]:
* In Paris with a Murderess, School Library Journal, Touch & Go, The Guide to the Best Apps for Children and Teens, Aug 15, 2011
* Beware Madame la Guillotine, A Revolutionary Tour of Paris, Kirkus Reviews: The World's Toughest Book Critics, Aug 2011
* Quickly Download: Beware Mme la Guillotine, News & Reviews of Hot Software and Popular Downloads, Aug 2011
It remained in the US App Store's New & Noteworthy through August and has been consistently present in the US What's Hot Top 120 apps in the travel category ever since. In December 2011, Beware Madame la Guillotine earned two Top 10 distinctions [see links below]:
* Top 10 2011 App by School Library Journal
* Top 10 Tried & True Classroom Apps by Teachers With Apps
Next to come from Time Traveler Tours are two London itineraries (in development) as well as three more Paris tours:
* Day of the Dead, in which fictional gravedigger Jean-Philippe Toulier takes you to the Catacombs and the Montparnasse cemetery during the time of Emperor Napoleon
* Long Live the King's Garden, a visit to the gardens of the ancien regime's Chateau de Versailles enlivened by the adventures of France's true-life Indiana Jones
* In Focus, the story of Nadar, the world's first portrait photographer, and the late 19th century boom that made Paris the envy of the world
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 177 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ParisAppTours: Beware Madame la Guillotine 1.0.4 is $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
Time Traveler Tours is a web-based app developer and publishing start-up, founded in 2009, focused on teaching history through story. Its priority mission is to provide great mobile content for educational tourism. Time Traveler Tours interactive StoryApp iTineraries are ideal for the ever-increasing numbers of young people traveling with their school groups and families. They offer a fun way to complement related high school and home-school curricula, as well. Extensively researched and engaging, Time Traveler Tours interactive StoryApp iTineraries are the essential travel companion for anyone with an iOS mobile device, sturdy walking shoes and a love of discovery. Put the past in the palm of your hand. Discover history with those who made it. Copyright (C) 2012 Time Traveler Tours. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.