February 8, 2012 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - cribasoft today is pleased to announce their new Location Awareness module, available as an in-app purchase for users of their best-selling HoursTracker app, designed for hourly workers and/or independent contractors. The Location Awareness module employs the new geofencing capabilities in iOS 5 to provide HoursTracker users with location-based reminders and automatic clock in/out. This new feature works even when the app is not running using the same cutting-edge technology showcased by Apple in their new built-in Reminders app.
After purchasing the new Location Awareness module, users can choose to be notified when the app detects their arrival to or departure from a job, even if the app is not running. Alternatively, users can choose automatic clock in and/or out for full automation, with the ability to edit resulting time entries later. Enabling the auto-learning of job locations feature has the app set and refine each job's location whenever the user clocks in to that job. Manual control allows the user to set the location and radius with the map interface and built-in search. Additionally, users can choose to sort their job list by nearest first. This option helps keep the most important jobs at the top of the list, even if some of them are not set to provide notifications. The geofencing and low-power location services technology built into iOS 5 allows HoursTracker to do background location monitoring with virtually no drain on the battery.
With HoursTracker, users can keep track of time spent working at one or more jobs as an hourly employee, or hours billed to one or more clients as an independent contractor, consultant, or professional (attorney, accountant, etc.). The app can run start/stop timers, and also manually add time for any number of jobs. Calculating hours and earnings, the app can generate, display, and export reports by day, by week, by month, or by job. These are essentially custom reports. The app also offers reporting on the time by pay period. This allows the user to set up the pay period for the job (weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, monthly), and then the app will calculate time worked and earnings according to those pay periods. Also calculated are rough net earnings using a configurable tax percentage to deduct from the earnings and a per-pay period deduction amount.
* HoursTracker makes it easy to record, report, and analyze hourly income
* Enter Job data once, then just clock in and out
* Track hours on multiple jobs or for multiple clients
* Generate and display hours and earnings by day, week, month, or job
* Location Awareness module allows users to view jobs in order of their proximity
* Export all data in CSV format or text
* User-friendly, one-button start/stop clock makes it easy to stop work and go back
* Easily add punch in/out entries on any date, at any time, past or future
* Tracks your time while you use other apps (or power off your phone) without running in the background
* Add as many jobs as you need to track, there's no limit
* Assign a pay rate and HoursTracker will calculate your earnings, even taking overtime into account
* Supports daily and weekly overtime with two thresholds and rates for each; automatically calculates time-and-a-half, double-time, etc.
* Track your time in real-time by clocking in/out while you work; watch as time and earnings accumulate in real-time
* Forgot to clock in? - use "Start Clock At..." and start counting time from when you started work
* Clock in to any number of jobs at a time, or set it up to have only one timer running at a time automatically
* Enter time manually - just choose a start date/time and an end date/time or duration; add comments, change the hourly rate for that time, and easily subtract breaks
* Flexible rounding options to automatically round your time worked can be configured per-job
* Set up pay period details and view your time by weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly pay period on the Pay Periods tab
* View your time and earnings by day, or by calendar week or month, or by job, on the Entries tab
* Date formats and currency symbols respect your device's international settings
* Export data via e-mail in text or CSV formats in the message body or attachment
* Export all jobs, or any selection of jobs, for all-time or between any two dates
* Combine all entries into one daily summary, or export each one including the clock in/out times
* Full edit and delete of jobs and hours worked - easily copy a job if a new job will have similar settings
* Basic cloud data backup/restore included free with the app
* Enhanced Backup services also available, including automatic backups and moving data between iOS devices; iTunes File Sharing is also enabled
* Two paid versions: iPad and iPhone/iPod touch
* Two free versions: iPad and iPhone/iPod touch
"With the optional Location Awareness module, HoursTracker makes time tracking easier than ever," commented developer Carlos Ribas. "The iPhone version of the app is one of the most popular paid apps of its kind, and has previously been in the Top Ten of all Business Apps on the US App Store as well as Top 1000 Overall by Gross Earnings. We are also quite proud that HoursTracker was recently chosen as 'The Best Time Tracking App for iPhone' by lifehacker."
HoursTracker HD Device Requirements:
* iPad compatible
* Location Awareness module requires iPad 3G or iPad 2 3G (iOS 5 only)
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 1.9 MB
HoursTracker Device Requirements:
* iPhone or iPod touch
* Location Awareness module requires iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S (iOS 5 only)
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* 2.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
HoursTracker HD 1.5.1 for iPad is $4.99 (USD), and HoursTracker 2.5.1 for iPhone and iPod touch is $4.99. Both are available worldwide through the App Store in the Business category. An ad-supported version of each is available free. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Austin, Texas, cribasoft develops mobile applications to help customers realize the full potential of their smartphone or other mobile device. Owner Carlos Ribas is currently focused on the iOS platform, with plans to expand in the next 1-2 years. Copyright (C) 2012 Carlos Ribas. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.