February 8, 2012 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, California - California based .com Solutions Inc. has announced that FileMaker Pro developers can use FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 6.57 to a include navigation toolbar feature into their PHP web applications. Without writing a single line of code, FileMaker developers can immediately add a professional-looking navigation toolbar throughout their converted PHP web application.
When a user switches between operating modes, the toolbar displays the appropriate icons as disabled. Disabled icons will also be put onto the toolbar if the entire web application has been generated for Read-Only data access.
The form navigation menu provides easy navigation between forms within the web application. By default, this customizable menu contains all of the forms that have been created by FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for the web application.
Through the creative use of SESSION variables, users are automatically kept on the correct record whenever they change operating modes or switch between forms using the same model within the web application.
Enhancements and bug fixes in this release include:
* Form and Record Navigation Toolbar - Some existing FileMaker Pro database files might not contain enough navigation features due to relying upon the status area of the desktop application. Enabling the navigation toolbar preference item triggers the creation of navigation toolbar code for each form of the web application. The navigation toolbar also provides mode switching between browse, edit, add and query tasks.
* Enhanced Edit Record Workflow - Editing a record in a toolbar enabled web application leaves the user on the edited record after updating the record. Without the toolbar, the user is redirected to the index form. This change in workflow makes it easier to navigate and edit between multiple records.
* Fixed PostgreSQL Issues - A data transfer issue was resolved when transferring data to non-BYTEA columns within PostgreSQL database servers. Additionally, the maximum length of PostgreSQL table/column names was increased from 31 to 63 to support higher the NAMEDATALEN constant used for PostgreSQL 7 versions.
* Fixed Issues Reading FileMaker Metadata - Issues were resolved when retrieving table metadata via ODBC on Windows and AppleScript on MacOS X. It is important to note that the best method for gathering metadata on all platforms is still via copying tables via the clipboard.
* Fixed pChart Issues - The default font-name was changed from "Verdana.ttf" to "verdana.ttf" in order to match the actual filename. pChart font names are case sensitive, unless the PHP web application is installed on MacOSX, which is generally configured as a case-insensitive UNIX file system. Also, chart objects were not being written into controller files if Data Access = "Read Only" was configured.
* Fixed strftime() PHP Error - strftime(%R) was changed to strftime(%X) in the conversion of the Current Time layout symbol to prevent PHP Invalid CRT parameter error on Windows. This is a known issue with PHP running on Windows systems, which does not occur on UNIX servers.
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for $400.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2012 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.