February 9, 2012 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Iowa City, Iowa - Independent designer Colin Ritchie of Periscope Audio Lab is pleased to announce the immediate availability of his app SpaceSampler - An audio convolution app that lets you record, apply filters from real acoustic spaces and equipment and then share with anyone. High quality audio convolution reverbs are used everyday in professional recording studios to give depth, color, clarity and uniqueness to audio. This technology now comes to iOS as SpaceSampler.
For musicians and non-musicians alike, SpaceSampler can be used with nothing more than an iPhone. Simply record audio via the built in microphone, use the resume-recording feature to stop and add more audio to the end of this recording, audition the impressive selection of 15 meticulously crafted Impulse Response Filters, set the mix via the big red knob and then save the audio. Saved audio can then be shared via e-mail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, copied to other compatible music apps or even loaded back into the sampler.
"I'm happy musicians and non-musicans can now take this fun studio tool wherever their travels may lead them" said developer Colin Ritchie.
The Filters - Start with this core set, then combine and set your mix for an infinite variety of tonal colors:
* Tape Echo: A classic old-school tape echo with a touch of spring reverb
* Glitchy: Unique delay pattern blips add a circuit-bent type sound
* Studio Vox: Smooth UK mic pre, EQ and a nice studio vocal booth
* Slap Back: Classic '50s Rock-A-Billy slap back echo
* Dream Plate: The venerable 60s plate reverb
* Great Hall: Long and spacious hall reverb
* Smooth Spring: The classic guitar-amp reverb
* Pop Doubler: A rich doubled sound, perfect for pop vocals
* Warm Room: A medium length, woody sounding, warm room reverb
* Inverse: A strange reversed room effect
* Studio One: Get down with this fun dub delay
* AM Radio: Emulation of a vintage, band-limited AM Radio
* Stadium: Announce your favorite game, or take the stage with this big delay
* Electro: Robotic, vocoder type voice disguise
* Slow Wave: A classic 1980s chamber with a hint of delay
Features - Record audio, select between filters, set the mix, and then share. The high quality filters, or Impulse Responses (IRs), are captured from real gear and acoustic spaces, creating realistic, unusual or far-out effects for any type of audio source:
* Effects are modeled from actual rooms, spaces and gear
* Fast convolution algorithm
* Simple, intuitive interface
* Integrated sampler with resume recording
* Live monitoring for low-latency, real-time effects
* Big mix knob blends between effected and dry signals
* Recording browser for easy file management
* Re-load recordings for mulit-layered effects
* Share via e-mail, MAPI Audio Copy, Dropbox and SoundCloud
* Choose between .wav and .mp4 for file encoding
* iPhone 3GS or higher (4S recommended)
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SpaceSampler 1.0 is available for $0.99 (or equivalent in other currencies) and is available worldwide on the App Store in the 'Music' category. For more information and screenshots please visit Periscope Audio Lab online.
Located in Iowa City, IA/USA, Periscope Audio Lab is a design company specializing in mixing, production, product design and consultancy in professional audio and music. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Periscope Audio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.