February 14, 2012 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin/New York - TnT Brain GbR today is pleased to announce that their new iPhone App, InTime NextBus, is now available in Apple's App Store. InTime NextBus is a utility App that shows real-time bus locations and arrival times for more than 1.000 bus lines and more than 50.000 bus stops in the United States and Canada.
With InTime NextBus users can always be just InTime at the bus stop even if the bus is too late. The App displays real-time arrival times and bus locations provided by NextBus (www.nextbus.com), which uses GPS-based vehicle tracking systems that have been installed in an incredible amount of bus lines from more 35 transit agencies in the US and Canada. NextBus is using the data from the tracking systems, calculates the estimated vehicles arrival times and provides the predictions on the Web. InTime NextBus is constantly getting those real-time data and is therefore always up-to-date.
"We are really happy that NextBus is providing the estimated arrival times and bus locations. The goal was to build an app that shows at a glimpse the arrival times of the buses the users are interested in." said Torsten Geise, co-founder of TnT Brain. "It makes so much sense to display the times based on real-time data, because now users don't have to wait any longer at a bus stop without knowing when the next bus will arrive. They are able to track the exact location of the buses and get the predicted arrival time at a glance. Using this App we have now the annunciator panel for our bus stops just in our pocket."
Getting the information is really simple with the App: Users just have to select their favorite stops by choosing the transit agency (e.g. AC Transit in California), selecting the bus route and the bus stop and they will see immediately the estimated arrival times for the next buses approaching that stop. And like in the iPhone's weather App, they can simply swipe from one favorite stop to another, without selecting them again and again.
The following transit agencies are currently available within InTime NextBus:
* California-Northern: AC Transit , San Francisco Municipal, Unitrans ASUCD/City of Davis
* California-Southern: Glendale Beeline, Gold Coast Transit, Los Angeles Metro, Camarillo Area (CAT), Moorpark Transit, Simi Valley (SVT), Thousand Oaks Transit (TOT), Ventura Intercity (VISTA)
* District of Columbia: DC Circulator
* Florida: Pensacola Beach (SRIA)
* Georgia: Georgia College
* Kentucky: Western Kentucky University
* Massachusetts: Charles River TMA - EZRide, MBTA, MIT Shuttles
* Mississippi: City of Oxford
* Maryland: Charm City Circulator, Collegetown Shuttle, University of Maryland
* Nevada: RTC RIDE, Reno, Nevada
* New York: Downtown Connection, NYC MTA - Brooklyn, NYC MTA - Staten Island,
* New Jersey: Rutgers Univ. Newark College Town Shuttle, Rutgers University
* North Carolina: Chapel Hill Transit
* Ontario: Toronto Transit Commission
* Oregon: Portland Streetcar
* Pennsylvania: California University of Pennsylvania, Temple University
* Quebec: Societe de transport de Laval
* Washington: Seattle Streetcar
* US English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 19.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
InTime NextBus 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. A press kit including screenshots for the app, app icons and company logo is also available for download.
TnT Brain GbR is based in Berlin/Germany and was founded in 2010 by two engineers for the purpose of creating easy-to-use and well designed mobile applications for iOS and other mobile platforms. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 TnT Brain GbR. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.