February 14, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Better understanding of structure and an easier way of remembering information are the main concepts behind the new and revolutionary iPad application - TWIG Touch Dictionary, developed by Dynamic Interface Solutions Ltd.
In other dictionaries users read and scroll a lot to get what they want. TWIG is for creative people who learn smarter by getting to specific information faster and understanding its complexity more easily. Our mind needs structure and play to learn effectively. TWIG takes quality content, adds physical realism, and turns it into a positive learning experience. Learn and explore more intuitively and have fun along the way.
Features users don't find elsewhere:
* Multiple consolidated dictionary and thesaurus titles
* Media - complete audio pronunciations in UK/US English + tailor-made illustrations on many entries
* A 'gigabyte' installation. All built in, no network needed. Unless, of course, you wish to share outputs
* For iPad (and only iPad) exclusively and from the ground up. No other dictionary deserves (or is deserved by) the iPad more. TWIG reinvents the dictionary using the best platform today to create something cool and original
* Advanced technologies. Breaking the traditional boundaries of app. categories, TWIG combines rich educational content with immersive experience. To do so, it uses dynamic interface driven by a powerful physics engine efficient tree-structured database.
* Flexible search with lexical matches, hints, phrases, real-life sentences - move things around, pull up examples etc.
* Tree-based word view presented as a rich semantic/syntactic tree with realistic physical behaviour for understanding even complex entries with as much as 1000 nodes
* It's all about gestures. As young children point their fingers at words when learning them, so TWIG makes you naturally do this while moving nodes around, tapping, scrolling, pinching/spreading etc. And it's fun. Play with words, see how words collaborate, and see how you can interact with it to better organize your thoughts
* The cool think is users can even share word posters with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, printer or save them
* Smart bookmarking remembering the exact point bookmarked
* Bird's-eye auto-zooming/centring
* Smart expansion being able to expand entire or partial tree while keeping the work area tidy avoiding overlap and collision. Watch as complex tree grows organically in front of your eyes
This is how TWIG Touch Dictionary appears unique, unparalleled by any other in terms of both content and behaviour to offer something truly bespoke, hand-made, solid, and worth the price...
For people who are:
* Using language creatively (writing literature, journals, lyrics or other appealing text)
* Looking for accurate equivalents respecting very fine sense distinctions
* Studying English actively
* Looking to enrich their vocabulary
* Hobbyists exploring language, digging deep down into its finest semantic structures
* Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN9780199571123):
For many the best English dictionary on the planet. Based on the "Oxford English Corpus", language databases, which amount to "hundreds of millions of words of written and spoken English". Includes 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopaedic entries and 68,000 examples carefully selected by the best experts in the field.
* New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN9780195392883):
Similar in extent and scope as the title above and drawing on the guidance of American scholars and advisers to offer a detailed picture of American English.
* Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN9780199560813):
Probably the best thesaurus out there offering more up-to-date and complete coverage of synonyms and antonyms than any other thesaurus.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 749 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TWIG Touch Dictionary 1.0 is $34.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Dynamic Interface Solution is a young London-based company of individuals with a single aim of making life a little better by implementing innovative ideas while using new technologies. Their latest effort has focused on the way people use electronic dictionaries and they glimpsed a great opportunity with the introduction of Apple's iPad platform. The team has put to test almost all electronic dictionaries on the market with an ordinal experience as none of them uses the platform to it's greater potential. They thought its capacity, touch-based interface and large display deserve much better. They started elaborating on the vision in greater detail straight away in April 2009 and after more than 18 months of hard work it has turned out insanely great. The resulting product - TWIG Touch Dictionary, introduced exclusively for iPad, is an amazing product that indeed will help users explore dictionary more effectively. Copyright (C) 2012 Dynamic Interface Solution. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.