April 5, 2012 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Boulder, Colorado - Binary Helix today is thrilled to announce the availability of our award-winning game "Dangerous" for Mac on the Apple Mac App Store for a launch sale price of $14.99. Dangerous is a 3D open and living world space combat sandbox RPG. Using our state-of-the-art virtual machine (VM) technology, players are immersed in a universe where over six hundred AI ships fly around autonomously even while the player is docked inside a space station. Players are also treated to the award-winning soundtrack composed by renown composer, Sean Beeson.
You have been unceremoniously awoken from cryo prison a century later, and must discover the truth. Are you the feared war criminal responsible for the deaths of millions or the savior of the universe or both? Gather your wingmen and travel the galaxy in search of answers. Along the way, you'll encounter a Universal AI, a shadow group protecting the future, a cult bent on apocalypse, a runaway princess, a schizophrenic robot, a beautiful lieutenant of the Royal Navy, a fearsome mercenary, a suicidal slave, and a playboy fighter ace. Discover intrigue, betrayal, love, and redemption.
Reviews and accolades:
* Winner of 2011 Achievement for Outstanding Original Soundtrack - iFanzine
* "Dangerous is without a doubt (no, seriously) the most robust space adventure available for iOS right now." -148apps
* "An astounding level of depth takes Dangerous where few space sims have gone before on iOS, offering factional allegiance and NPC partner systems that are sure to whet the genre fan's appetite." - iFanzine
* 3D real-time sandbox game built with Unity game engine
* Metallic shader, lighting, particle effects, lens flare, explosions, fx
* Space combat RPG with extensive skill tree
* Open and living universe where 600+ ships fly around autonomously
* Epic story with dialogue system that allows real choices
* Recruit 6 wingmen and 2 can fly with you at a time
* Romance and mini-game are integral
* Recruit 5 corporate pilots who can fly trade routes on your behalf
* Trade, fight, mine, pirate, scan for derelict ships and wormholes
* Many mission types: epic, freelance, dynamic, wingman acquisition, faction loyalty
* Deep combat mechanics, AI, and faction standings
* 20+ ships, 180+ modules, 33 solar systems with a unique follow-through-warp mechanic
* 15+ factions to vie favor or destroy
* Cinematic camera shows you the action when it happens
* Fly manually with or without Newtonian physics or use autopilots exclusively
* 22 track theatrical-quality soundtrack by renown composer, Sean Beeson
* Pick a perk when starting out! You'll be able to customize your game right off the bat by choosing a perk
The epic story asks: Are you a hero or war criminal? Defender of slavers, cults, or freedom? Human or something else?
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 128 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dangerous 1.0.6 is currently offered at the sale price of $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Games category. Dangerous is also available for iOS, Android, and PC. The award-winning soundtrack is available on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Bandcamp.
Binary Helix, based near Boulder, Colorado, is a 2-man indie studio created by former VR-1 Entertainment developers Linh Ngo and Andrew Bradford. We specialize in crafting intricate living worlds that players can immerse themselves. Our core technology is a specialized evolvable virtual machine (VM) with domain-specific opcodes that allow AI agents to act freely within their world. They can actually evolve their behavior through the use of robust opcodes to generate truly emergent behavior. This VM is a culmination of 3 years of intensive development, and is highly optimized to run on mobile and desktop systems. Copyright (C) 2012 Binary Helix. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.