April 23, 2012 in News (F)
[prMac.com] Erlangen, Germany - National Park Week 2012 takes place April 21-29th and the National Park Service is celebrating by waiving admission fees to all 397 national parks. Michael Mueller Publishing is celebrating by offering their new app for the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area at half price.
Families, hiking clubs, hiking experts, and solitary hikers alike can hit the trails of the Santa Monica Mountains well-informed and safer than ever.
"The goal of the offer," says co-author Michael Neumann, "is the same goal of National Park Week: Get more people to visit the fantastic park areas in the U.S. This smart phone app is the perfect all-in-one hiking tool, and the cost is unbeatable considering all the resources users have access to."
How will this app make National Park Week even better?
Aside from hiking tours for all skill levels, it includes practical information for all visitors:
* Hours of operation
* Driving directions and parking options
* Restroom locations and water filling stations
* Emergency contacts
* plus tips for POI's and cities around Santa Monica.
Not just another modern distraction
* Santa Monica Hiking speaks to the educational value of apps. Informed hikers are safer with help from introductory chapters detailing the history, ecosystem, wildlife, and weather of the Santa Monica Mountains.
Trouble reading maps? Directionally challenged?
* The user-friendly system contains an integrated compass ad GPS locator, so users will always know their exact position on the trail.
Among other reasons to visit the Santa Monica National Recreation Area- the National Park Service is also offering free events
* Wildflower photography How-To and lecture
* Walking tour through the Paramount Ranch- a former film set and one of the 10 hiking tours in the Santa Monica Hiking app.
National Park Week has chosen "Picture Yourself in a National Park" as the 2012 theme. With a smart phone on already on hand, any of the 10 hiking tours in the Santa Monica Hiking app will help create the perfect photo opportunity.
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.2 or later
* 86.6 MB
Michael Mueller Verlag (Publishing) was founded in 1979 by then 24-year old Michael Mueller. Thirty some years later, he has just received the 2011 ITB Book Award for his lifetime achievement in journalism. In the late 70's, Mueller began writing travel guides with a more on-site, journalistic approach, breaking new ground in 1982 when he published the first unconventional guide to the German region Franconian Switzerland. Mueller's offices are based in Erlangen, Germany. With now over 200 destination titles for city and hiking guides, Germany's number one independent travel guidebook publisher has begun publishing guides in English and Spanish. Copyright (C) 2012 Michael Mueller Verlag. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.